Part one-chapter eighteen: year x784 1/2

"Good luck on the job y/n, please be careful..."

"I know! Thanks Macao!"

Its been three months...I refuse to believe they're dead. Theres no way. The guild hasn't been doing too well either, well, financially that is. Currently I was leaving for an s-class request that I was actually able to do in my pregnant state.

This job was given to me by a knight a few days ago, specifically for me. It was a request to help the king find someone, the job description was fairly vague but I figured id just ask the king personally.

After a few hours I had finally gotten to the capitol and was met by a carriage leading me to castle, inside there was a guard awaiting me.

"Greetings miss...L/n?"

"Yes that would be me, you must be general arcadios, pleasure to me meet you"

"Pleasure is all mine miss, tell me, are you familiar with a woman named Elaine?"

"No, unfortunately I am not, does she have a connection to the missing victim?"

"There is little I am authorized to tell you, although, yes, Miss Elaine does have a connection with her. I will hold off until we reach the palace."

|||

I walked into the palace and followed Arcadios up a flight of stairs and into a long hallway, the hallway was empty, only the sound of metal clanking from Arcadios' armor and the sound of my boots clicking accompanied it.

Soon we reached a large door, i stepped to the side and waited for Arcadios to knock on it.

"You're majesty, the wizard from Fairy tail has arrived"

"Ah yes, young L/n, my apologies for calling you out here in your current state but I am in desperate need of your assistance."

"Not a problem your majesty, I will do whatever I can to help."

"Please miss L/n have a seat, there is something important about this job we must discuss."

I nodded and walked toward the desk the king was seated at, I watched as Arcadios pulled out a chair and gestured for me to sit on it. I smiled gently and muttered a small thank you before taking my seat.

"Allow me to tell you a story."

—————

'It began around twenty-five years ago, when I was just a prince'

'One day my father, the previous king had summoned me to meet a personal mage he had hired for myself.'

"Son, I want you to meet Elaine, as of now she will be your personal mage from now on. I trust that the two of you will form a powerful companionship."

"Yes father. Pleasure to meet you, I am prince Toma E. Fiore"

"The pleasure is all mine your majesty, as your father mentioned I am Elaine. I vow to be loyal to you and only you, your majesty."

'As the months went by we grew rather close, and after two years we confessed our undying love for one another.'

"Elaine! There you are! How come you always come to the garden?"

"Ah! Toma! Apologies you frightened me a bit. Well, look around, the garden is especially gorgeous at this time of night."

"Just like you..."

"T-Toma! You can't just say things like that"

"Im sorry, but it's true, Elaine these past two years, knowing you...you do something to me...to my heart...Elaine , please-"

"Toma? Why are you on your knees?"

"Please allow for me to love you! Im in love with you Elaine!"

"T-Toma! We can't im not royal at all! The royal family would never allow it!"

"To hell with them! Elaine, I've been able to confide and trust in you so much more than I could ever be able to with any of them, our love knows no bounds please Elaine! Do you love me?"

"Of course Toma you idiot, and like I said that day we met, 'i vow to be loyal to you and only you' , Toma"

'After three years of our secret relationship we were blessed with a beautiful daughter, she was perfect, the spitting image of her mother. Unfortunately my father didn't feel as blessed about his first grandchild.'

"Toma! How could you? You tell me you want to raise that bastard child?"

"Father! That is my daughter, whether you like it or not she is our blood!"

"And you! Elaine! I trusted you! You know that you could never be allowed to be with my son!"

"With all do respect your grace-"

"Silence whore. Toma, it isnt too late-"

"Dont speak to her like that!"

"..."

"Father. Please..."

'I had managed to convince my father to allow them to continue to work in the castle, except instead of my personal mage poor Elaine was demeaned to the queens lady in waiting.'

'After a few months I was forced to marry the late queen in order to crown myself king, Elaine, as well as our four month old daughter, sat in the very front. To this day that image still haunts me.'

'-regardless, after a few years I was given another daughter from the queen. Princess Hisui. At that point my eldest daughter was five years old and...my sweet Elaine had passed on due to falling ill during the harsh winter.'

—————

Suddenly, a sharp feeling shot through my head causing me to fall unconscious immediately.

"Oh my, never thought I would see you here."

"Who're you? And why do you look like me? But, older?"

"All in due time y/n. Do you remember this place?"

I looked around the room we had suddenly appeared in. It was dark and moist, the air felt thick and the doors were all wooden. I followed the older woman through the door and was brought into a small room, the room looked like it hadn't been touched in years.

"Woah...im feeling nostalgic..."

I looked over to the small bed in the far corner of the room, on the bed there was a small cat plush, one of its eyes were gone and the entirety of it looked disgusting.

But it appeared oddly comforting.

"When you wake up you'll know where to go."