Part three-chapter eight: rain

After what had happened the previous night, Wendy ultimately had decided to join us. As of now we were currently on our way to a village that "consistently rains", the longer we walked the more my stomach churned.

"Mom are we there yet?"

"No."

"N/n are we there yet"

"Ask me that again and ill kick your ass Natsu."

Lucy and I continued looking down at the map, realizing we couldn't have been too far considering we had been walking for a few hours.

I set down Haruna, allowing for her to stretch her legs a bit. Suddenly, an incredibly strong breeze hit all of us, hair covering most of our faces as well as dragging the map we had away.

"Great... this is already going amazing, first we lose our water canteens and now the map." i said, I looked around and noticed both my kids were missing. I almost panicked before I heard some shouting deeper into the forest.

"Nana! Where are we going?!"

The rest of us looked at one another before following the sound of the two kids.

It didn't take us too long before we had caught up with the two of them, Haruna running up to her father and I once she had spotted us approaching.

"Coat! Coat!" She shouted, i looked at her for a second before handing her a small blue coat. She quickly threw the hood on before grabbing her brother's hand, dragging him even farther into the forest.

I immediately went running after the two of them, what the hell is up with this kid? I swear she's gonna give me a heart attack one day.

I soon approached the two of them, Igneel carrying his younger sister so she wouldn't run off again.

"You cant keep running from mom and dad like that!"

"Wata! Bath!"

"Water?" I questioned, Haruna made grabby hands toward me, gesturing that I pick her up, which I did. She then pointed north before babbling on, only stopping when her father had caught up to us.

"Papa! Wata! Bath! Bath!" She continued, Natsu and Wendy looked around for a second, before declaring that they couldn't hear or smell any water sources nearby.

My stomach continued to churn as we all stood there, Haruna continuing to insist on the fact that there was water, pointing to her nose then toward what appeared to be farther north into the forest.

We all decided that there was no harm in checking it out for a bit, at this point we were all so thirsty that anything would suffice.

I set Haruna down, Wendy and Carla grabbing both her hands in order to keep her from running off again. I looked around the forest for a bit, studying the area before noticing my shadow slowly beginning to disappear.

Just as I was about to suggest setting up camp Natsu and Wendy had announced that they had caught a small scent of rain, Haruna, obviously excited, almost ran off until realizing she was still attached to Wendy and Carla.

We continued to walk for about ten or so minutes until we were faced with a view of rain that perfectly divided the forest. I watched in a slightly irritated manner as my son and his father decided it would be a perfect time you goof off because of the split of the rain, i sighed before grabbing both their ears and dragging them farther into the rain. Once Natsu had regained his composure to an extent he managed to sniff out the cause of the rain.

I managed to spot her off in the distance, allowing for the excitement to overcome me. I dashed toward her, waving my hand up in the air in an attempt to get her attention.