Part one-chapter three: backstory

"you leave at nightfall tomorrow y/n, please do be careful..."

"of course master, now I understand this stealth mission will only be a solo mission, right?"

"yes, good luck y/n. You're free to go home-um er... to wherever you're staying."

I nodded and waved at the master and made my way back to Lucy's house, when I arrived Lucy and Erza were fast asleep on the bed while Gray was asleep on the armchair. I looked at the floor and saw a small makeshift bed on the floor that Natsu and happy were currently sleeping on, the two of them curled up all the way on the left side to make room for someone else. I walked into the blonde girls bathroom with a small piece of paper on the sink.

"dear y/n, Erza brought over your sleeping clothes from fairy hills, feel free to use anything in here, there are some ribbons in one of the drawers of the dresser, goodnight, Lucy- god she is so sweet, such an angel."

I walked over to the dresser behind me and grabbed a ribbon and put my hair up into a bun. I took off my cloak and folded it onto the drawer, once i was done I walked out of the bathroom and laid down on the small makeshift bed next to the dragon slayer.

"You're all still awake aren't you?"

All five of them groaned in response, i chuckled and sat up and jumped slightly at the feeling of Natsu placing his head in my lap.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah? Whats up Lucy?"

"How come we dont know anything about your past? You're the most well liked wizard in the entire guild besides Mira, but come to think of it ive never heard a single story about you...IM NOT TRYING TO BE RUDE OR ANYTHING-i was just wondering haha" The blonde rubbed the back of her neck nervously, i laughed in response and began to run my hands through the dragon slayers hair.

"Well, nothing says 'sleepover' like a good story."

Suddenly the entire room filled with the sound of shuffling, gray was now sitting up in his chair and both of the women on the bed were seated against the wall, and Natsu was...still in the same position although now happy was seated on his head staring at me eagerly.

"When I was about 7 years old I had escaped from an abusive foster family, thats when I met my brother...er 'adoptive brother' I don't remember much about him...you see about a few months before I came to Fairy Tail I was kidnapped and they did something to give me some type of amnesia...when I woke up there were these men who had chained me up and they were gonna..."

I felt a sudden shift on my lap and watched as Natsu sat up and placed a hand on my shoulder, Happy sat in my lap and cuddled into my thigh. I sighed and leaned back while remaining seated, using my arms to support my body before continuing my story.

"Before they got the chance to I had successfully used my magic for the first time and used it to free myself from the chains and chaining the culprits up in the process...I spent about 3 months on the streets, scrounging about for food...until Laxus found me one day. I was being assaulted by some bandits, i was about 8 years old at the time. Laxus cleaned me up, fed me, took care of me and took me to Fairy Tail. There I met you four, master, Cana, Mira, and later on Lucy"

I sighed again and smiled softly, looking up at the ceiling.

"I always wondered what happened of my brother...all I remember of him was that he was strong, reckless, a terrible singer, and he used to eat metal. Everyday i wonder if hes eating well, healthy, hell sometimes i wonder if he ever joined a guild...although he was never the type to work well with others. Hah i doubt he even remembers me...it would be nice to see him again though, im sure I told him a lot about my past...maybe then id know what happened before all that...who my birth parents are...why im always to weak and inevitably become the victim in every situation"

I felt a small tear roll down my cheek, and the sudden warmth of my team wrap around my body.

"You're far from weak y/n. You're the youngest of the s-class wizards in our guild, you were only a child...the world is especially cruel to children who have no one to fall back on" i couldn't help but allow the tears to slip out of my eyes and smile. Giving into the warmth of the embrace and falling asleep.
——————
"Do you think I can be stronger than you one day brother?"

"Gihee I dont think so n/n, one day you'll maybe be as strong as me, then we'll have to duke it out!"

"Promise?"

"You bet!"