Part 2 : Reconcile

Xian's POV

Xian's POV

Everything happened so fast. It was like a dream. A nightmare. I had to stop it. I had to stop Jun from doing the unthinkable.

He had seemed so confident when he had told me that I would not be able to do anything.

Thankfully, I had proved him wrong. I had willed the barrier to fall, and it had somehow listened. The twin blades that were about to fall on his wings mercilessly had obeyed me too. 

Jun was surprised, to say the least. It was like he had even forgotten the use his monosyllabic responses, forgoing them in favor of nodding like a lost puppy.

How had I never asked to see his wings before, I wonder, throwing myself in his arms?

I felt the familiar fragrance of sandalwood surround me. Soon after, Jun's hands loosely draped over my shoulders. I finally understood what he was thinking when he was halfheartedly trying to push me away. I understood why he was trying to get rid of his wings.

I tell him that he was not at fault, that it was not him, but I can feel his reluctance to accept my reasons.

Yes, he still blamed himself.

I tell him that when he was forcing himself on me, I wanted it as well. I explain how I had thought about using 'The Voice' but had refrained from going on that path because I had felt that it would have been the wrong thing to do.

Even as I tried to make him understand, his eyes looked past me. I could tell that his mind was elsewhere.

I asked him what he was thinking about, but he didn't answer; he just asked, "Why?"

Perhaps what had happened had freaked him out or made him second guess himself. A familiar sinking sensation in my heart makes it difficult for me to breathe. I look at his wings and his sword, and it dawns on me that I had complete control over them. I already could control Jun.

The sinking sensation intensifies as things slowly start falling into place once again.

I could not only control Jun, but I also had the power to control his weapons, both of them.

'That is what you were created for.' The words Jun had said when he wasn't himself come back to me, confirming my worst fear.

Had Jun figured it out too? 

I ask him if he is thinking about abandoning me, and he shakes his head.

Panic dissipates, and calm washes over me. I needed to tell Jun what I had figured out. The one thing that I had learned from our ordeal was that we both wanted the same thing: to be together, and the only chance we had to come out of this was if we communicated.

'I will not hide anything from Jun,' I vowed and told him what I had concluded moments ago.

I tell him that I am a weapon. But before I can explain myself, his wings sway forward, and my mind fills with images of us on the bed.