Regret and Remorse

[A/N :- Mature content (Non-con.) Reader discretion is advised.]

Hei Chi's POV

Hei Chi's POV

After all that I had done to confirm that Wang YiJun was none other than my fallen brother, I was met with disappointment.

How could it be!?

It would be understandable for YiJun to fool Dong. YiJun was known for his cunning, bright mind. No, that was not what was bothering me. It was Xian, my blood, that was making me restless. I knew he could feel me. I could sense his desire to bend his knee to me. When I had possessed YiJun to know Xian's heart, he had not taken the bait. I had used my scent to speed up the process as well, even at the cost of hurting myself, and yet, after getting swayed for barely a moment, he had pushed YiJun away...pushed ME away.

I feel dirty. I never thought I would feel so disgusted with how low I had let myself fall. If I could undo what I had done, I would do it. But even I, the king of the underworld, couldn't turn back time.

So now I have to live with what I had almost done and what I probably would have succeeded in doing had Xian not pushed me away.

I will never put you through something like that ever again, Xian.

When Xian had punched me, I had realized that that was it. Xian didn't want YiJun. But if YiJun was not the one who had fallen from heaven, who had?

Had Zhen not done what I had commanded him to do?

No. My brother would never betray me. He loved me, just as I loved him. He had fought at my side, left heaven for me, ruled next to me and ultimately died for me...for our cause.

I feel a shiver run down my spine. I had exhausted myself, like a candle burning on both ends. I had known the consequences of my actions the moment I had chosen my path.

"Qíngyù," I call my subordinate, who was presently possessing Hua's sister. Qing enters the sauna, where I had collapsed out of exhaustion barely moments ago. She stands with her eyes lowered, waiting for my command.

I instruct her to send in the woman who had caught my eye when I had first set foot in the Zhu mansion. I close my eyes and try to channel my energy throughout my body, preparing myself to take what I knew would not be freely offered.

The woman was engaged. She was in love and about to be married. But after what I was going to do, she won't be able to have it.

Why should she get what I was denied?

The commotion outside the sauna pulls me out of my musings. I arch my back and catch a glimpse of a woman's bare back as she is being dragged towards her destination: me, by Qíngyù.

I approach the fogged-up glass wall that was keeping the heat in and the cold out and tap it. Qíngyù glances at me, and I reprimand her, "How many times have I asked you to be gentle, hum? If she exhausts herself now, there will be nothing left for me."