Part 2: Revelations

Xian's POV

Xian's POV

I can't believe it has been a week since I entered the Zhu estate. After that first night when he tried to influence me, Hua had not played any tricks.

On the contrary, he has been the most perfect host. Even Qing, except for hanging out with me- which we do a lot- hasn't tried to toe past the friend zone, which is to say that she has not come on to me.

Hua had insisted on buying me a set of everything I might require to make myself home, and when I had refused, he had urged me to go home and get it.

I didn't want to go back, lest he finds something that might throw a wrench in our plan by making him suspicious. Nonetheless, I had to do it. I knew that refusing would not help our cause either.

When I finally arrived home, I was surprised to find it empty. There was no sight of Jun anywhere. Even the milk I had left on the counter two days ago had gone stale.

An unsettling feeling coiled in my stomach, and I threw up the hearty breakfast I had had barely an hour ago.

Feeling sick and lightheaded, I picked up random things and dumped them inside the backpack that I had brought along with me.

Where are you, Jun?

I checked the secret compartment where Jun kept his sword and found it to be empty as well.

Another wave of nausea hit, but my stomach was empty. I clutched my chest and sat on Jun's bed, remembering our last private moments together.

I love you, Jun. Wherever you are, I hope you are well.

I took a bath to get rid of the stench of vomit after scrubbing the whole place clean. As soon as I was done, I returned to Zhu estate, where Jiang was waiting for me.

My best friend threw himself at me as if we were meeting after ages. "Dude, where have you been?" He demanded, pulling me aside and giving me an agitated glare.

"I will let you guys catch up." Qing chirped and left us alone.

Jiang's eyes turned concerned when we were out of Qing's earshot, "Are you alright? You don't look so hot."

Though Hua and Qing were acting like the perfect hosts, I kept reminding myself that that was only a facade. I told Jiang that Jun had left to take care of private matters and that I would see him when college started.

As expected, he offered to house me, but I refused, citing that I did not want to bother his parents.

Jiang, however, did not buy it. When he left, he seemed upset. He probably thought I was hanging at the Zhu's to hook up with Qing. Unfortunately, I was in no position to clarify my stand.

Every evening Hua returned home and insisted on having dinner together. The care and concern he showed me almost had me believing that he could be reasoned with. I would have bought his act had he not tried to abuse his power and control Jun's body just to confirm his doubts.