Part 6 :- Wishes

YiJun's POV

YiJun's POV

Xian is and always has been a handful. Challenging me, arguing with me and questioning me. Always making sure that he is on my mind and in my heart. Always.

Now, wrapped up in a blanket, holding me tight, I watch his eyelids grow heavy with exhaustion. I give him a few minutes, and his eyes close completely. His breathing evens out; he looks like an angel. No, not the kind of angels Heavenly Father had created, but the beautiful cherub-like images humans had depicted in paintings of great repute.

His long dark lashes, a stark contrast to his milky white high cheekbones; his well defined sculpted nose, slightly pressing into the middle of my chest, and his ruby lips luscious lips, all call to me to take; to taste.

Mine.

I look away and thread my fingers through his thick silky hair; he hums. I know he likes it, so I do it again and again. I like it when he appreciates my touches.

My mind commands me to stop and step back; losing myself in his scent is easy and dangerous.

I free myself from his tight grip and gently take him inside the tent. I tuck him in and look around the tiny space. After wrapping one more blanket around him, I exit the tent; I make myself comfortable on the mat.

Closing my eyes, I pretend to sleep and hope my Xian has a dreamless night.

I wish I could fight his demons for him, but alas, I can't.

I wonder if he will ever be able to remember his dreams in detail. I had guessed that when he grows older, he would be able to remember them, but unfortunately, he had started recalling less and less of them as he had grown.

I lose myself in thoughts of Xian's childhood: simpler, purer times, and I realize that I miss them. I miss how we were. I miss our smiles; I even miss his tear-filled tantrums.

Thinking of his tears reminds me of his first day of school. It was the first time I wasn't going to be around him.

At first, he had been excited, but when the bus had come to pick him up, he had wailed and clung to my feet. I remember almost giving in. I remember how I had willed my hands to pull him away from me and guided his tiny frame into the bus.

I remember walking back home and crying harder than he had.

I remember everything. Every single thing. For every moment that has Xian in it, is precious. Every moment that I have locked away in my heart to be treasured when he leaves me to walk his path, is mine. All mine. Not even Heavenly Father can take that away from me.

"Jun... " I hear Xian's voice, and I sit up.

Why is he outside?

Did something happen?