Part 2 :- Confession

YiJun's POV

YiJun's POV

How much can one love another? Can love be quantified? How should I answer the question Xian had raised?

I felt lost.

Should I give a generic response and say that it's for me to know and him to find out? Or should I be more romantic and tell him that my love for him is immeasurable?

What if he doesn't like my answer!?

I couldn't afford that, could I?

I don't want him to think I don't love him enough, but I certainly don't want to make him uncomfortable by making him believe that I love him more than he can handle.

I feel like I have lost the battle without even having drawn my sword.

"Xian," I whisper, I know he can't hear me, "I love you. That's all I know. I have no one and nothing to compare it with, so how should I answer you?"

"Xian," I call louder, "Please open the door. I will tell you if you open the door." I lie, for I don't know what else to do.

I hear the door click and restrain myself from barging in. Waiting to be beckoned inside, I stand motionlessly.

The door creeks open just an inch or so, and Xian peeks outside. I can see the wetness under his eyes.

What made you cry, Xian?

"Will you tell me how you truly feel if I let you in?" He asks, his eyes glistening with unshed tears. He blinks and hastily wipes his eyes before the next batch can kiss his cheeks.

"Yes," I reassure, and he opens the door slowly; he takes a seat on the edge of his bed. "Tell me." He demands without even looking at me.

I walk towards him and kneel before him. His eyes widen and then narrow.

I smile and wipe a tear that had escaped his eyes without notice and take his warm, soft hands in mine.

"I love you, Xian. I will not lie to you today because I know it's important to you. But the truth is, what I feel for you, I can't quantify it, I can't measure it. Heavenly Father created me to bring balance, was made to go to war, expected to guard and protect this realm, and I was fated to serve heaven. I was supposed to kneel before the one and only Heavenly Father: the creator of this universe."

I pause to gather my thoughts and continue, "When I saw you, held you, I did not want to let you go. My conscience told me that I needed to protect you, heart told me that I needed to take care of your every desire. My mind warned me that you were in danger. Everything within me told me that you were mine. And I did what I felt that I needed to do. I rejected my fate and made you the center of my existence. Xian, you are my universe. Without you, I am nothing; if you are not next to me, there is no point in existing." I stop after pouring my heart out. I expect him to speak. I wait for him to give me his verdict, but he doesn't.