Part 2 :- The Uninvited

YiJun's POV

YiJun's POV

The taste of Xian's lips was still lingering on mine; his scent was still clinging to my skin; the memory of the slender curve of his waist was still burning in my mind as I had opened the door and my home to the unwelcome strangers: Zhu Hua and his sister Zhu Qing. I had no choice.

Xian was upset, rightfully so, for I had technically gone back on my word. But what I had not expected was for him to talk back to me. I had lost my cool and left.

Did I regret how I had behaved? No, I hadn't. I was still Xian's guardian, and whatever our relationship behind closed doors, he was under my care and guidance. There were things he needed to do, expected to do.

And right now, I wanted him to show our guests, however unwelcome, respect. After all, they held the future of my friend's publishing house in their hands.

Having reprimanded Xian, I return to my guests. Zhu Hua was a strapping looking young man with a husky voice and keen, sharp eyes. His monolid eyes held a strange kind of magnetism I had rarely seen in humans, yet his smile was almost predatory. When he had looked at me, I had somehow felt uneasy, like the young human was sizing me up. Though he spoke politely, I felt like I was talking down to me.

I take a seat opposite Hua, hoping Xian will show up soon; I find Qing fidgeting with the hem of her skirt and Hua looking excitedly at my book collection.

"Xian will be right outside," I state, and the young girl visibly relaxes and gives me a forced smile. I nod and look at her elder brother; I enquire, "Would you like to take a closer look?" 

 "May I?" He asks, eyes gleaming, and I find myself nodding and inviting him to take a look at my private book collection.

He looks at them carefully and moves as if to take a closer look at one, but just before he can do so, he stops; he looks over my shoulder and smiles, "You must be Xian." His smile widens as he inspects Xian with interest. 

Rage fills me. A strong urge to hide Xian from this man's line of sight washes over me, and I move to block Xian from his view. "Yes, he is," I inform the young man and turn to Xian, who is smiling at Qing.

Both relief and irritation fill me at the same time. I watch Hua's smile drop and Qing's face brighten.

"Hi." Xian waves and walks closer to the young girl, who blinks coyly and pushes a nonexistent strand of hair behind her ear.

'She is flirting!' I realize a moment later. How could I not? I had found myself at the receiving end of this behavior several times. But there is nothing I can do about it. It's perfectly normal for young boys and girls to indulge in this kind of behavior.