Regret and Threat

*Eons ago : Heavenly realm*

A man dressed in pale blue flowing robes crouches down on the once pearl white but now red-tinted floors of the thrown room that usually seats the Heavenly Father. The throne, made of white jade, represents more than the celestial high lord that it belongs to; it represents truth, justice, dedication, and above all, loyalty.

The throne is empty now.

The silence in the heavenly realm wears a blanket of gloom as the milky white magnificent wings lie in a pool of blood in the center of the hall that was once spotless.

The man in blue rises and signals a soldier to approach him, "I will be done removing the negative energy from the weapon in a bit, but I will need lord Hong to help me cleanse the blood."

"Yes, my lord."

"Where is YuTiandi?" The Lord healer enquires; the soldier bows, "He carried the General..." He pauses and starts again, "The emperor took Hei Chi to seclusion hall.

*Seclusion Hall*

"What have I done?" The man in golden robes laments, wiping the beads of sweat that adorn the traitor's forehead. "Was it so difficult to bend your knee to me, Son? Did I not love you enough? Why did you have to go against me?" He demands, turning the young man over. Fresh tears well up in his eyes as they trail over the bleeding shoulderblades, "What have I done!?" The Heavenly Father questions, tracing the long, deep, bleeding gashes before holding his palms to them and muttering an incantation under his breath.

As the Heavenly Father heals his disloyal son, tremors rock the young man's frame, and the gashes close, leaving nothing but faint healed scars in its wake. Having done what he had come to do, he leaves his first born's side, but even before he has taken a step, pale yet resilient fingers wrap around his wrist, "Father... " The young man whispers. His sharp monolid eyes flutter open. "Please reconsider." He requests.

The Jade Emperor refuses to turn around, "Leave. You don't belong here any longer." He states emotionlessly. The son fails to notice the tears that escape the seemingly uncaring deep, dark pools.

"Father, are you going to throw me away for them? Do I mean so little to you? Do we mean so... "

"Silence!" The Heavenly Father commands, sending tremors that rock the very foundation of his realm. "The day you decided to betray me was the day you lost all your worth."

"Father, you can't forsake me like this. I am your first." The young man begs.

"I am letting you live. That is the extent of my mercy. That is all I can spare for you." The Heavenly Father shrugs the hand that is connecting them. It hurts the creator more than the creation, but the jade emperor holds it in. When he turns to face his son, his first creation, his eyes are steel. Uncaring and sharp, "In exchange for letting you live, I want you to promise me that you will never look towards heaven. You will never set foot here."

The pleading eyes harden. That which once held respect and love now turn cold and furious, "I can't promise you that, Father. It is my home!" He growls, trying to sit up and winces.

The jade emperor feels torn between going to his son's side, aiding him, and bringing his blade down on him once more, ending his existence.

The emperor chooses the third and only option that would keep his authority and spare his son, "This is not your home."

"Guards!" He calls as armed angels rush inside the semi-dark room and kneel, "At your service, emperor."

"Throw them out!" He commands.