Part 2 :- Innocent Sin

YiJun's POV

YiJun's POV

Love, an emotion, kept from me. Love that had sneaked up on me the first time I had laid eyes on Xian. Love that made me fall and rise. Love that took, and tried. Love, such a simple yet, complicated emotion that even after having felt it for so long, I was still unaware of its intricacies. I still couldn't understand Xian.

Xian, my pride, my joy, my life. My love. Even after nineteen years, I have still not understood him.

Fickle... Capricious... Mine.

When he had mentioned Qing, it had hurt more than when I had fallen to this realm. I felt like my life's purpose had been snatched away from me. But I couldn't let Xian see that. I tried my best to be supportive; I accepted his request, on one condition.

The young people of today don't believe in forever; they live in the moment, love for a moment. And when that moment passes, everything that they once held precious is discarded.

What I feared most was the day Xian would discard me. However, it was bound to happen. So as a condition for accepting his request, I asked him not to throw me away, not to abandon me.

What he said next disappointed me. My life choices had made Xian believe that women could be used and discarded, that they were there only to fulfill our needs.

I had always told him what his responsibilities were towards these beautiful beings. I had told him how not only as a man but also a being who had come into existence, he was responsible for protecting; that he should respect them. After all, one day, his mother might see him.

What if she sees him now? 

What if she hears him talk about them in such derogatory terms!?

I had failed once again.

Realizing that I need to mend his way of thinking, I prepare myself to dive into a conversation about rights and wrongs when I feel it, the presence of the unclean.

I push Xian into the sheets and shield him with my body before covering us with a blanket. I can't let Xian's scent reach it.

As expected, my actions confuse him. I signal him to stay quiet and start thinking of ways to get rid of it.

I draw a blank.

Earlier today, I was lucky, for when the first one had shown up, Xian had wandered off. With not having to worry about him getting hurt, I could think straight. But now, lying almost on top of the object of my corrupt desire makes me incapable of thought.

Then it happened, Xian wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me close; his warm lips made contact with my cold ones. I was unprepared; I gasped, shocked.

Was he already possessed? 

I tried to lean away, but his hold on me tightened, and his pressure on my lips increased. I couldn't let this happen. I had to save him.