The Escape

[A/N:- I want to remind you all that this book has a happy ending (Sort of) and that pain comes before pleasure

Ok. That's it.
*Gulps* 😅]

Hei Chi's POV

As soon as Xian leaves, I step outside, needing to clear my head. I did not want YiJun to spoil what I had built with Xian. I have hardly walked for a few minutes when I notice the eerie quietness that has fallen around Zhu's property.

Something felt off.

I turned back. As I neared the mansion, I realized that the temperature had fallen a few degrees as well. It hit me then: something celestial was lurking around.

Almost instantly, I rushed towards Xian's room, taking the stairs two at a time, wondering if it was already too late. But that was not the only thing that came to my mind.

How did THEY know where to find Xian?

Was it just a coincidence that YiJun had demanded to see Xian the very next day?

Thankfully, Xian lets me in. Though there were no signs of anyone with celestial power entering his room, I still couldn't feel at ease. There were heaven's weapons around my Xian, and I would be damned...(well, I am damned) if I let them snatch him away from me.

In my haste, I realized a little too late that I had overstepped my boundaries. Boundaries that neither my hospitality nor power over the boy had breached. If anything, they had made him bolder, more resilient.

Unfortunately for me,  Xian had connected the dots and filled in the blanks. I felt angry at letting down my guard; at the same time, however, the boy's presence of mind filled me with pride as well. The boy was more like Zhen than I had expected, and I did not know what to make of it.

I had initiated his creation, I wanted him to be my weapon, but now, I wasn't sure.

Looking at the challenge in Xian's eyes reminds me of myself when I had stood up for my Fei.

There is no doubt left in my mind that the fallen angel I had been searching for all along was none other than YiJun. What I still do not understand is how they had resisted the pull?

How was Xian still unmarked?

Why had YiJun not taken him!?

Had Zhen betrayed me?

Had he actually fallen in love with Xuan?

No, that could never be!

He hated heaven as much as I did...he hated father.... despised him, just like I did...didn't he?

Uncertainty worms its way into my heart. Had I been wrong all along? By asking him to return to me, had I separated him from his love just like father had done to me?