Part 2 :- Darkness Falls

YiJun's POV

YiJun's POV

 It seems like just yesterday when Xian had just started taking his firsts steps and I was right there behind him, stopping him from falling, if need be.

Today though, it feels like time has reversed our positions.

As I am about to stumble in the dark, I feel a pair of strong arms circle my middle and I am being held against a strong warm body. 

 I try to move away, but the grip tightens and pulls me closer, "Jun, don't."

"Xian?" I ask to confirm.

He whispers, his warm lips caress my ear, "What are you doing here, Jun?"

It looks like I have been caught...But how? How did he find me in the dark? He can't possibly see me...Can he?

I turn in his embrace and voice my thoughts; his answer almost breaks me.

He tells me that he can see me. He tells me that I am glowing blue.

He can see my aura...How!?

No... That can't be....his father was a human! 

"That's not possible!" I snap and step away from him. He tries to stop me, but I don't.

I need to get out of here. I need to get away, away from him.

With that, I walk out. I push my way through the sea of people, not caring about anything other than putting distance between us.

I am stopped by a few attendants, who ask me to go back inside, but when I refuse, they don't dare to ask me again. They let me pass.

How could this have happened? How could Meimei have failed to see? What should I do now? What will happen to us now? How will I protect him? Will he want to be protected by me?

With a million questions swimming in my mind, I start to drive back home. I have barely exited the highway when my phone rings. I decide to ignore it and keep driving. It rings again.

"What?" I bark, receiving the call, presuming it to be Xian.

It's not Xian. It's Cheng. He informs me that Xian had fallen unconscious during the 8D show, and was presently being kept under observation at the park's medical facility.

I cut the call and immediately start driving back from where I had left just a few minutes ago. Back to Xian.

What happened? Is he alright? Did he have a nightmare... no, that's not possible... Did he get hurt? Is it serious?

Once again, millions of questions plague my mind, and I get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

It is at this moment, that I realize two things: first, that I finally understand why the tree of life had attacked Xian when he was barely a few minutes old, second, that it doesn't matter what Xian is. The only thing that matters is that he is, was, and always will be, Mine.