Part 2 :- Greed

YiJun's POV

YiJun's POV

I feel like I am going crazy. Maybe nineteen years away from my home, my family has finally started taking a toll on me.

Why else would I keep feeling like Xian wants me, the way I want him.

I think I am losing my mind. 

I must stop before I do something that will make him hate me.

I step back and trip over an ingredient that I must have unceremoniously dropped while my baking adventures. And am, therefore, not surprised when my behind blesses the floor.

Xian Laughs.

Maybe I should fall more often.

Teasing me, he holds out his hand. As expected, children never let the mistakes made by adults, slide. Xian is no different. 

'I am not a child anymore, Jun.' Xian's words come to my mind and I shake my head. As I take his hand and stand up, I am once again reminded of the fact that Xian is almost a man now... an adult.

Will you leave me now, Xian?

Will you not ask me to sleep with you anymore, now that you have someone else? 

I thank him and tell him that I was going to call him after cleaning the mess, and he chuckles like he doesn't think that I am capable of cleaning up after myself.

He is not exactly wrong. 

He gives me a once over, and walks closer. I try to step away, but he is faster; holding my wrist, he commands me to stay still. And just like the night before, I find it impossible to refuse him. I comply. I stand still. I go a step further and hold my breath as well. 

He leans in, invading my space, and gently tugs at a few strands of my hair, "I wonder if I search some more... would I also find a chick in there somewhere." He teases, pulling out a small piece of eggshell from my strands and I almost smile.

I had intended to surprise him with a beautiful cake, but now with the way the cake has turned out, and the element of surprise lost, I ask him if he still wants to celebrate his birthday the way we usually do.

He nods and requests me to light a candle. After complying, I ask him to make a wish, but instead, he enquires, "I will, but first I need to know if this wish will be taken out of the four you promised me last night?"

Childlike... manipulative... Mine.

I can't stop myself from laughing. I don't know why I am laughing though, his question is not funny.

An urge to touch him makes me run my fingers through his soft silky hair.

It's my turn to tease, "Someone's being greedy." I say, trying to camouflage my greed; my desire for the boy in front of me as mear jest; as mischief; as something innocent.