Part 2 :- Something Forgotten

Xian's POV

Xian's POV

Have I ever told you how beautiful Jun's body is?

It's perfect, it's like the Heavenly Father carved it with Jade to be a perfect specimen to show off to the world.

No wonder women throw themselves at him.

The scenes from my nightmare, assault me as soon as I see Jun's shoulder blades. I move closer.
I realize that I have never actually seen his wings.

Not that I had not asked, I had asked several times.

When I was younger, he had told me that, he can't reveal them because it's not safe. I had assumed that it was not safe for him. I had assumed that he would get hurt if he revealed them.

When I had grown up a little more, become a little bit braver and a little more curious, he had said that he can't reveal them, because that would be dangerous.

Once again I had assumed that it must have something to do with demons. After all, in all the stories he had told me, demons recognised Angels because of their wings.

So once again, I had decided not to pester him about it.

As the years had gone by, something had changed in the way Jun had started treating me. Wanting me to sleep away from him was just the tip of the iceberg.

And when I had hit puberty, our relationship had started getting strained. His refusal to be my friend and confidant like our days past, had started to make me believe that I was doing something wrong. I had confronted him about it. But he had remained silent.

I had called him mean and uncaring at that time ...I had not meant it. I swear.

When all else had failed, I had threatened to leave him, and run away.

"Does Xian really not want me anymore?" He had asked, looking like a broken, defeated man.

And I had felt my heart thump loudly.
'I want you, Jun.' My heart had screamed.

The realization of what I wanted, had shocked me to the core.

'Can he read my thoughts?' I had wondered for the first time, and had run off to my room, banging the door shut behind me.

He had called me...shouting my name...banging my door. He had asked me what was wrong.

Worry and sadness was visible in the tone in which he was begging me to open the door... But I had stayed mum. I had ignored his calls and his pleas of reconciliation.

That was the first time I had taken a cold shower, thinking that it will slow down my racing heart, and cool down my burning body.

When I had opened my eyes, I had found myself wrapped in blankets, with Jun sitting next to me.