She Didn't Answer

Nathan had been trying to avoid Rachel all day because she could tell when he was lying or when something was bothering him. He was doing a good job of not talking to her until the end of the day when he heard his name being called. Nathan knew he couldn't talk to her long as he had to meet Mr.Jefferson at his car in 5 minutes. Though it did through Nathan off when she asked if he was ok. Obviously she didn't know about the plan to kidnap her, but it was weird knowing what was going to happen and still having Rachel be nice to him.

That was when Nathan realized that he never told Rachel about being careful while on the phone with him in case Mr.Jefferson was around. He had this gut feeling telling him to tell her now, but he didn't have time to explain the whole thing so he just said: "If I ever call you in the future, don't pick up.". After explaining to Rachel that he couldn't tell her why she shouldn't answer the phone he left.

When he got to Mr.Jefferson's car Mr.Jefferson said: "I've been waiting for 5 minutes for you."

"I got dismissed late."

"Well, you should have been extra fast when you got out of class."

"I was, it's not my fault I got dismissed late."

"I don't care, you should have figured it out. Get in the car".

When they got to TDR Mr.Jefferson said: "Nathan we are going to start planning when we are going to kidnap Rachel, I think we should do it in about a month."

"Maybe we should wait, if we do it in the summer you can do that whole photography camp thing, then it will be easier to kidnap her."

"No, she's a smart girl, she will be too suspicious of that, especially since I didn't do it last summer. Also, I see what you are trying to do by prolonging it."

"I was just trying to be strategic." Nathan said, unconvincingly. Mr.Jefferson ignored him and said: "Anyway I was thinking that we have you ask her to hang out one day and that's when you kidnap her. Which led me to wonder, do you guys hang out outside of school?"

"Well, usually I hang out with this middle-aged man in this basement so not really." Nathan knew he was going to get in trouble for that, but it was totally worth it. Mr.Jefferson just gave him a dirty look and moved on.

"Well, you are going to start hanging out after school. How about you don't have to come on Fridays. You know what, why don't you call her and ask her if she is available on Friday to hang out.". Nathan was so glad he had told Rachel not to answer the phone as he didn't want Mr.Jefferson overhearing any conversation with her, even if it was something little like asking her to hang out one day after school. Now he just had to hope she wouldn't actually answer.

Nathan dialled Rachel, with Mr.Jefferson looking over his shoulder. The phone rang, they both watched as it kept ringing. Eventually his phone stopped ringing. Before Rachel's voice mail could pop up Nathan hung up and said: "Well that sucks. She's probably busy anyway."

"That's ok, today is Thursday, so why don't you see if you can hang out next Friday. Also since you aren't doing anything tomorrow you can come here.