Trust

The next day Rachel walked into school she immediately started to look for Kate. Five minutes later she found Kate pressed up against the wall while Victoria said every insult she could think of and 20 other people laughed. "Leave her alone Victoria." Rachel said for 3 reasons, one because she wanted to talk to Kate, 2 because maybe if she defended Kate Kate would trust her and 3 because Victoria shouldn't get away with treating people like that. "What's it to you, Rachel?"

"I just think that if you're going to bully someone, bully someone who will actually stand up for themselves."

"Ok fine, I wasn't going to bring this up but since you asked how are your parents, how is your mom, it's been a while since you've seen her huh, also I can't believe your dad let you think Rose was your biological mom for 16 years."

"How did you know that?" Rachel said surprised.

"Word gets around Rachel."

"Oh just like how you tried to drug me so you could play Prospera in the Tempest." Rachel said with complete confidence. "No, I didn't." Victoria replied.

"You keep telling that lie." Rachel said.

Just as Rachel was saying that she saw Kate slip away, she watched as Kate ran into the girl's bathroom and said: "This was fun but I'm going to go hang out with people who aren't complete assholes." Rachel said walking away and to the girl's bathroom.

"Kate." Rachel said as she walked into the bathroom.

"I'm back here." she heard Kate respond from the back of the bathroom. Rachel walked over to Kate and said: "Hi, I just wanted to apologize for telling you not to go to the photography thing."

"Wait, so you were trying to sabotage me?"

"No of course not, if I was trying to sabotage you I wouldn't have stood up for you with Victoria. I just think something is off about Mr.Jefferson, I was trying to protect you."

"I'm sorry too, I should have believed you were trying to protect me, it's just that most of the people I meet here are not nice and lie about everything, it's nice to have someone who cares about me."

"If you don't mind me asking, how did the photography thing go?"

"It was really good, he showed me how to take pictures, what angles to use, and what not to do."

"What not to do?"

"Oh ya well there were a few pictures that I ruined by the way that I was positioned."

"Isn't that his job, to tell you how to position yourself?"

"Well, I guess so." Kate said and Rachel could tell by the expression on her face she hadn't thought about that.

"Is that everything?" Rachel asked knowing there was more but not wanting to push too hard, she needed Kate to trust her, and she didn't think that would happen if she knew her and Chloe were spying on them. "Oh, actually he did mention you."

"Really, what did he say?"

"What was it," Kate thought for a second and said, " oh ya he said you had a good moment of innocence."

"What's that?"

"It's when you're asleep or unconscious."

"Kate, that is really weird you see what I mean, I don't talk to Mr.Jefferson outside of class and he thinks I have a good moment of innocence, he has never seen me sleep or unconscious."

"I guess that is weird now that I think about that."

"Kate, if he offers you another lesson I don't think you should go, and I swear I'm not trying to sabotage you by saying this, he offered them to me too and I said no."

"I understand you're trying to look out for me but I think he is just a little bit of a weird teacher, I don't think he means any harm by what he says."

"So there's no way I can talk you out of going if he offers it to you again?" Rachel asked.

"No I'm sorry Rachel, but I promise I will be careful."

"Ok, bye Kate." Rachel said leaving the bathroom, she was disappointed in herself.

Rachel had really thought she would be able to convince Kate not to keep going to the private lessons. She texted Chloe I talked to Kate, I made her skeptical of Mr.Jefferson but I couldn't convince her not to go, we will have to keep spying on them. On the bright side I got Kate to trust me though, she said she would be careful around him. Five minutes later Rachel got a response saying Ok, I guess I will have to cancel my Monday afternoon plans of making sure my stepfuck knows how much I hate him, also I will be showing up every Monday dressed fully in black. But seriously good job on getting Kate to trust you if you keep tipping her off maybe she will realize how creepy he is. Rachel decided to respond with I don't know what is worse spending your Monday afternoons convincing your stepfuck you hate him or spying on a teacher from a school you got expelled from. Also spying on a teacher from a school you got expelled from with your girlfriend which is the reason you got expelled in the first place. Rachel hit send and went to class.

After school Rachel walked out the front doors to see Chole's truck parked right in front of the school. This was now a routine, Chloe would park right in front of Blackwell to annoy principal Wells and wait for Rachel. When Rachel got in the car she said: "Where to?"

"Well I was thinking we go to the junkyard and start putting all our proof of Mr.Jefferson being creepy on a wall in the hut, that way nobody will find it and it is a place to layout every single piece of evidence."

"That's a good idea, Chloe let's go."

When they got to the Junkyard they walked in the hut, Chloe pulled out printed pictures of the ones she took on her phone. Rachel was really happy, she didn't think Chloe would take this as seriously as she was, it made her know she could always rely on Chloe. Chloe started taping the pictures on the wall and then brought out what at first Rachel thought were her notes from class, but when she read the title it said things that happened but we don't have photo evidence of.

"Chloe thank you so much for taking this seriously, I didn't think you would care as much as you do. I really don't know what I did to deserve you."

"Rachel, of course, I would take this seriously, especially after what we saw yesterday we need to catch this teacher before he hurts anyone, especially you," Chloe said, and then pulled Rachel into a kiss.

Once Chloe and Rachel were done putting all their evidence on the wall they decided to hang out in the junkyard for the rest of the day. They sat on the top of a car and talked about everything.