Keeping secrets

Rachel grabbed Rose's phone and left as fast as she could, she was pretty sure Mr.Jefferson believed her. Though later in the day she saw Mr.Jefferson interrogating Kate, so he was probably just questioning everyone.

When school was over Rachel saw Chloe waiting for her, she got in the truck and the first thing Chloe said was: "Does he know?".

"He knows someone broke in but I don't think he knows it was us, he asked me about it and then an hour later I saw him interrogating Kate about it."

"Poor Kate."

"Ya, she's terrified of him."

"Maybe we could try again with Frank now that we know he went to Blackwell with Jefferson." Chloe said. "You know Chloe I think it's better we don't ask Frank about it, he did get really mad when we asked him about it last time." Rachel said because she was worried Frank would bring up that she went to see him without Chloe. That was not the answer Chloe was expecting, Rachel had been so determined to find out what the fight was about and now all of a sudden she didn't want to. Chloe thought she must have been overreacting to it so she just said "Ok.".

Last night Chloe and Rachel didn't have time to add to their evidence board so they added everything they discovered in Mr.Jefferson's classroom. They spent the rest of the day together, and at around 8 o'clock Rachel left.

This night was another night where Rachel's parents both didn't get home until midnight, so Rachel went to Frank's trailer. When Frank opened his trailer door to see Rachel he was happy to see her, but he didn't let her know that. "You're back." Frank said. "Yep." Rachel said, all of a sudden Pompidou ran up to Rachel and started jumping up on her. "He missed you." Frank said.

Rachel didn't want to ask about Mark Jefferson just yet, she needed Frank to really trust her. Frank told Rachel more about his childhood, Frank told Rachel about how he and Damon were friends for a while, but their friendship was always tense. Frank wasn't sure why he was telling all this to Rachel, it wasn't stuff he usually talked about and now he was spilling his guts to Rachel, but he felt like he trusted her not to say anything. Then Frank asked, "Rachel you never told me how you found out about your mother."

"Oh, well I thought there was something up with my dad, and I wanted to figure out what it was so I asked Chloe if she would come ditch school with me, and we both went to spy on my dad. Then I saw him kiss my mother, so I thought he was cheating on Rose who I thought was my biological mom, actually, I guess he was cheating on Rose, he said it was a sad kiss or something, so he said it was ok. Anyway I got mad about it but Chloe didn't know that was my dad, so she didn't know why I was mad, then we got into a fight, then we made up and I got mad at my dad, which he then told me that Rose wasn't my birth mother. I mean it would have been nice if my dad was like hey Rose isn't your birth mother before I saw him kiss my mom, it would have been much simpler then me catching him kissing her, but what did I expect with my dad."

"What do you mean what did you expect with him?" Frank asked, kinda feeling bad for Rachel, he could tell her dad wasn't the best. "Well, he just lies a lot and keeps a lot of secrets, he's also not always the best person, but recently he has been trying really hard to be better." Rachel wasn't sure why she was telling Frank all this, it was all really personal information, and she barely knew Frank.

As Chloe was lying in bed the thought kept coming back to her about why Rachel didn't want to ask Frank about him and Jefferson. A few weeks ago Rachel would have been at Frank's trailer the same night they searched through Jefferson's classroom. Chloe kept telling herself it was nothing, but for some reason, it felt like Rachel was hiding something by not wanting to ask Frank about it.

When Rachel got home she was pretty tired, she went up to her room and laid in bed, right before she fell asleep the thought came to her, what if the photography summer program was a trap, and Kate was doing it. She texted Chloe Mr.Jefferson asked me about doing a summer program, Kate is doing it, what if it's a trap, we have to stop her! but Chloe must have been sleeping because she didn't respond.

The next morning when Rachel woke up she checked her phone Ok, today at school try to convince her not to do it, if you can't I guess we have something to do this summer. As Rachel read the text she saw how much Chloe cared about her, and felt a pang of guilt for not telling Chloe about Frank.

Sorry this chapter was kinda short, I promise the next one will be longer. Hope you enjoyed.