Kate Marsh

A few days later

It was Friday morning, Rachel got ready for school. Rose made her pancakes for breakfast and drove her to school. As she was walking into the school she saw Mr.Jefferson, she started to speed walk to the girl's bathroom when she heard "Rachel."

"Yes, Mr.Jefferson."

"I believe I have class with you today."

"You do, last period."

"Ok I'll see you then, can't wait to see your homework."

"Well, I'll see you then Mr.Jefferson." Rachel said leaving as fast as she could.

As the day went on it was getting closer and closer to photography class, Rachel found herself getting more and more nervous about it. She started to think of ways she could miss the class, she could pretend to be sick, but her dad and Rose were at work and probably wouldn't pick her up. If she left school principal Wells would call her parents and she would get in trouble, she already tried hiding in the bathroom. Rachel decided she would just go to class.

When she walked in she started walking to the back of the classroom when she heard "Rachel come sit right here." Mr.Jefferson said while pointing at a chair next to his desk.

Once everyone was in their seats Mr.Jefferson said "Everyone please take out your 3 best pictures that I assigned for homework, last class. As Rachel was grabbing her photos from her bag Mr.Jefferson was staring at her. She decided she would say something, he couldn't do much when the whole class was there "Is something wrong."

"No, why would something be wrong?" Mr.Jefferson replied.

"Because you won't stop staring at me, I'm not doing anything wrong. Stair at Nathan he is grabbing people's photos and ripping them apart." Rachel said while Nathan ripped up the new girl Kate Marsh's photos.

"Nathan, you can't rip people's photos, of course, I'm sure you have a valid reason for doing it since you are one of Blackwell's top students," Mr.Jefferson said while Rachel rolled her eyes.

When Mr.Jefferson collected Rachel's pictures he stood there for 5 minutes looking at them in silence. When the 5 minutes ended he said: "Who is this?"

"My," Rachel paused and said "friend Chloe."

"These are really good Rachel."

"Thank you."

Rachel saw as Mr.Jefferson put her and Kate's pictures in a different drawer then the rest, she looked over at Kate but she didn't seem to notice.

After class Rachel tried walking behind everyone again when she heard Mr.Jefferson say "Kate can I talk to you?". Rachel got worried, what if he asked her if she wanted private lessons or if she wanted to be in the example pictures. She also felt a little relieved, maybe Mr.Jefferson would leave her alone, but right after that, she felt terrible for thinking that.

She decided to listen at the door to see what he was saying to her. "Kate, I know your pictures got ripped but from what I saw they looked great, and I won't let it affect your grade." Nevermind I guess I was wrong, he isn't asking her about private lessons or example photos Rachel thought.

Just as she was taking her ear away from the door she heard "But I see room for improvement, I was wondering if you would like to work one on one with me."

"I'll have to ask my mom, how much is it?"

"Kate I'm your teacher, I'm already being paid to help you, I won't charge you."

"Oh thank you, when is it good for you?"

"How about Monday after school, in this classroom?"

"Ok, thankyou Mr.Jefferson."

"Also don't tell any of the other students about this, I'm only offering it to the students I see the most potential in."

"Ok."

Rachel ran over to a locker and pretended to be putting in the combination. Kate walked out of the classroom, Rachel went up to her and said: "Hey Kate can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure."

Rachel started to whisper "Don't go to the photography lesson Mr.Jefferson was telling you about."

"Why not, it will be a chance to improve my grade."

"There is something weird about him, he put your photo in a different drawer then everyone else's."

"Rachel I think you're being a little paranoid."

"Kate you're smart, don't you notice anything off about him."

"No, he's a nice teacher and I barely know you, for all I know this is a set up between you and Nathan."

"Kate please, believe me, there is something up with Mr.Jefferson, and it's not a good idea to go to his photography lessons."

"I'm going Rachel, and you can't stop me." Kate said finally.