The Nightmare

Chloe got in her truck to get Rachel from school, she had 45 minutes before Blackwell got out, and it would only take her 20 minutes to get there. She decided to get donuts for her and Rachel. Once she got to Blackwell there were 5 minutes before Blackwell got out, Chloe decided to park right in front of the school just to annoy Principal Wells.

Fifteen minutes later Rachel walked out the front doors. Once she got in the car Chloe asked: "What took you so long?"

"You know that creepy teacher we were talking about." Rachel said

"Ya," Chloe responded

"He wanted to talk to me, and Nathan, he spends 10 minutes after class talking to Nathan about something and tells me to wait outside and not go anywhere, then he tells Nathan to leave and for me to come in, he says something about how my photography skills are amazing and that he wants to give me one on one lessons, for free."

"What did you say?"

"I said no, obviously."

"Ya that teacher seems kinda weird, do you think he was saying the same thing to Nathan?"

"No, because it only took him 5 minutes to talk to me, but it took him 10 to talk to Nathan, and he was really quiet with Nathan like he didn't want anyone to hear what he was saying."

"Weird,"

"Anyway look in the back seat," Chloe said. Rachel turned around and saw the donuts, Chloe saw her face light up. "I said we would celebrate how your dad said he would be a better father, donuts seemed fitting," Chloe said.

"This is why I love you." Rachel said taking a donut for herself and taking another one for Chloe.

Rachel started to tell Chloe about what happened "I was in my room doing homework and somebody knocked on my door. I was hoping it was you, but it was my dad. He came in and gave me this whole speech about how he feels bad about how he acted in the past few weeks. At the end, he said he would be a better father from now on, and the fact that he came up to my room to tell me this to make sure I believed him, I just know that he will be better." Rachel said.

"That's amazing Rachel, I'm really happy for you."

Chloe and Rachel spent the rest of the day at Rachel's house, and at around 8:00 Chloe went home. When she walked in the front door David was there, "You're out very late for a school night.". Then Chloe hears her mom say

"It's fine David.". Chloe heard David mutter something under his breath and walk away.

Then Chloe heard from upstairs "Chloe did you finish your homework?"

"Almost," Chloe replied

"Ok please finish it. Did you eat?"

"Ya."

A few hours later Chloe went to sleep. She woke up in the living room, the Game of Life laid out and her dad sitting in front of the game. This dream was different from the others though, she saw her 14-year-old self playing with him. Past Chloe was using the blue car, and her dad was using the green car. "I can't imagine playing this game without you." past Chloe said to her dad. "You don't have to, I'll always be here to play it with you."

Chloe was bracing herself for when this would become bad, whenever she dreamt of her dad something would always happen. There was no way this would be a peaceful dream where she would watch her younger self, and dad play the Game of Life.

Two minutes later William stands up and grabs Chloe's hand, "That's in the past.". All of a sudden Chloe and William were watching Chloe, Joyce and David playing the game. "This is the present." Chloe looked at her dad, all of a sudden he started yelling.

"I'm dead! I've been dead since you were 14, and you're still having dreams. Get over it, you live with your mom and David now! You're just torturing yourself by having these dreams about me!"

"I can't make them stop," Chloe said. William disappeared.

Chloe looked at the time it was 3:00 am, how do I make it stop, I can't control when it happens, sometimes it happens when things are going well, sometimes it happens when things are going wrong. It will always happen and I don't know how to make it stop, but a part of me likes seeing him, even if at the end something bad happens, at least I get to see him. Chloe thought.