Laughing at Mr.Jefferson

A few weeks had passed since the Vortex club party, and it was now February. Rachel seemed to forgive Nathan for what he said to Chloe. Though it didn't sound like Chloe forgave him, but in her defence, he wouldn't have forgiven himself either.

Nathan was in TDR with Mr.Jefferson, Mr.Jefferson was talking about the Vortex club parties again. "There are only 2 Vortex club parties left this year, and you have done nothing so far.". Nathan didn't think that was fair since he only went to 1 Vortex club party, and did talk to people. "The next Vortex club party you are drugging someone, no arguments. We are very behind schedule." Nathan was about to protest with an excuse about how he needed more time to practice when he realized he actually had a better excuse.

"Um, my doctor's appointment is that night during the Vortex club."

"Then move it."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"My doctor doesn't want my dad to change it because she thinks my dad will just keep changing it, and I'll never end up going, so she won't let him change it.". Nathan knew this was true because he heard his dad complaining about how the doctor didn't trust him, and how the doctor said he didn't understand what his son had.

Mr.Jefferson grabbed a tripod and hit Nathan with it in the stomach, hard. "Change it."

"I can't, my doctor wont let us." Nathan paused and said: "It's kinda ironic though, do you know what can cause schizophrenia? Abuse, and hitting kids with tripods is in fact considered abuse.". Mr.Jefferson looked really mad, then his face changed, he seemed to realize something. "That was a brave thing to say Nathan, especially to someone who can ruin your life in a second. Also, Nathan, how did you know that I know you have schizophrenia?". Shit Nathan thought "My dad told me he told you."

"No he didn't, your dad told me he wanted you to think I didn't know, which means you were easv dropping on one of our conversations." Mr.Jefferson said and then hit Nathan in the back with the tripod hard.

Nathan knew Mr.Jefferson would probably hit him again no matter what he said so he decided to say what he was thinking "You know, if you keep hitting me you will probably make it worse, which just means more doctors appointments for me."

"You better watch your mouth you little brat." Mr.Jefferson said hitting Nathan in the face with the tripod, and drawing blood. Nathan started to laugh, "You just fucked up." Nathan said. Mr.Jefferson looked confused, so Nathan continued "When you hit me in the back and stomach, the bruises would be covered, but you can't cover this up." Nathan said pointing at his face.

Nathan enjoyed watching the realization hit, Mr.Jefferson's face changed from annoyed with Nathan to worried. Though Mr.Jefferson regained confidence pretty quickly and said: "Nathan, when you go to school tomorrow you can tell everyone you walked into a door handle or something."

"Ya, what's stopping me from telling everyone the truth?"
"Me." Mr.Jefferson said hitting Nathan in the leg with the tripod. Nathan laughed again and said: "But what if it's hot tomorrow and I want to wear shorts."

"It's February, I'm not worried about that."

"Well then, you better take advantage of this now."

"Nathan shut up."

"Why, because I'm right." Nathan said, laughing. Nathan didn't know why he was laughing but it kinda felt like a shield against Mr.Jefferson so he kept doing it. "Nathan you will go to that party, and you will do what I say."

"Mr.Jefferson, I will go to that Doctors office, and I will do what the doctor says." Nathan said, still laughing.

"Now that's no way to talk to an adult is it Nathan." Mr.Jefferson said hitting Nathan in the hip with the tripod. Mr.Jefferson seemed to realize he was getting nowhere by hitting Nathan with a tripod so he said: "Nathan, I think it's time I take you home.". Nathan laughed again, "My dad must care more about you than me, you don't seem to care about what he sees you do."

"Oh Nathan your dad knows I'm going to do things much worse than this.". Nathan didn't laugh that time, because Nathan figured Mr.Jefferson was talking about other people, and his father didn't seem to mind. Man my life is fucked up Nathan thought.

The drive home was silent, neither of them had anything to say to each other. When Nathan got home he was all alone, which was kinda nice since he didn't want to even look at his father after what he had learned.

Everything hurt, there was another bruise forming on his face which he wasn't surprised about. He wasn't sure how he was supposed to lie to Rachel again, though she would probably think it was his dad who did it, which would keep her safe from Mr.Jefferson.

Nathan needed to talk to someone though, he needed someone who would listen, who would understand. He wanted to call Rachel, but how could she help him if he couldn't tell her about Mr.Jefferson. Then he remembered Lily, she was the one person he knew who had gone through what he had gone through. Nathan picked up his phone and called Lily.

"Hi Nathan" Lily said

"Hey" Nathan said, already struggling to hide the pain in his voice."

"Nathan, what's wrong?" Lily said, sounding genuinely worried.

"I can't tell you everything, but tonight was pretty shitty."

"Did Mark Jefferson do something, did he find out you deleted the photos?" Lily said, sounding worried. "No, he found out I overheard a phone call and then hit me repeatedly with a tripod, and I just needed to talk to someone, and you were the only person I could think of who would understand."

"Of course.".

Nathan spent the next hour talking to Lily, he was pretty vague and didn't tell her any specific details because he didn't want to drag her into more shit with Mr.Jefferson. After Nathan was done talking to Lily he felt much better.

Sorry I know it has been a while since I updated this, I promise to get back onto a consistent schedule, eventually... Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed.