Something's Up

The next morning Nathan woke up and got ready for school, all of last night he had been thinking about what Mr.Jefferson was doing all summer, he thought about asking his dad since recently he seemed pretty fond of Mr.Jefferson but realized his dad would probably yell at him for being nosey.

When Nathan got to school he started to look for Rachel, he figured if anyone would know it would be her.

Once he found her he said: "Rachel can I talk to you?"

"Sure."

"What do you think Mr.Jefferson was doing all summer in the classroom?". Nathan saw Rachel's face change when he asked her, he could tell she had thought about that too, or she already knew. "I don't know, what do you think he was doing?"

" I have no idea what he was doing."

Rachel liked Nathan, he had been really nice to her over the summer, and she considered him her friend, but she didn't trust him enough to tell him what Mr.Jefferson was up to, or to tell him about how Chloe was there the whole time spying on him, though she was definitely going to try to tip him off about Mr.Jefferson. "I really don't know Nathan, do you think something is up?"

"I know something is up."

"I definitely think Mr.Jefferson is just a little different.".

"So why do you think the security camera was off all summer?" Nathan asked.

"I don't know."

"Principal Wells said he made sure that the camera was plugged in. Mr.Jefferson said maybe it was a hacker, but if it was a hacker they wouldn't turn the camera off. Also, I heard Mr.Jefferson and principal Wells talking about how someone broke into the school, and they didn't tell anyone about this.".

"You're right Nathan, it wouldn't make sense to turn a camera off if you were hacking into it. That means if Mr.Jefferson unplugged the camera, which means he has something to hide, we should be careful."

"Ya, your right."

Once school was over Rachel got into Chloe's truck and once Chloe started driving Rachel said: "Nathan knows something is up, but we know way more than him."

"How do you know this, what happened?"

"He came up to me and asked me what I thought Mr.Jefferson was doing all summer, then he told me about the security camera being off all summer."

"So he only knows about the security camera being off?"

"And that we broke into Mr.Jefferson's classroom a while ago, but he doesn't know it was us."

"How does he know that, I thought the school was keeping it private so it wouldn't ruin their record."

"They are keeping it private, Nathan overheard Mr.Jefferson and principal Wells talking about it."

"On the bright side if he knows something is up with Mr.Jefferson he is less likely to corporate in Mr.Jefferson's plan." 

Sorry this chapter was shorter than normal, it was originally longer but it felt too forced so I took that part out. I hope you enjoyed it.