Revenge on Mr.Jefferson

Rachel walked with Nathan behind the school, she didn't want to tell Nathan about what his dad, and Mr.Jefferson were saying about him, but she knew she had to. Once they were behind the school Nathan said: "What did my dad say about me?"

"I was at my locker grabbing something with Chloe, when I heard Mr.Jefferson on the phone, and your dad's voice on the other end." Rachel stopped talking.

"Go on." Nathan said angrily.

"Are you sure, sometimes it's best to not know what people say about you, that way it can't hurt."

"Rachel, just tell me." Nathan said, sounding annoyed.

"So Mr.Jefferson asked how the appointment was an-"

"Shit." Nathan interrupted.

"What?" Rachel asked confused.

"Nothing, keep going." Nathan said, and Rachel could tell he hadn't meant to say that out loud. "Then your dad complained that it took 10 minutes for the doctor to see you. He said he didn't understand why it took so long, and said all the doctor did was ask questions, and even he could do that. Then he started mocking the doctor, and saying Nathan, why are you so fucked up? Nathan, why don't you listen? Nathan, why are you a terrible liar? Nathan, why did you talk to your guidance counselor, and make me look bad? Nathan, why are you so dramatic?" Nathan's face changed from angry to upset.

"Go on." Nathan said knowing there was more.

"Then Mr.Jefferson joined in and said, Nathan why do you question everything I say? Nathan, why don't you want to go to the vortex club parties? And then, he um, he said: Nathan, why didn't you take Rachel's phone that one time?". Rachel wanted an explanation for that, but she could also see Nathan fighting back tears and didn't want to hurt Nathan even more.

Nathan started to explain anyway, "Mr.Jefferson asks me to do things for him, which is why I go to that room under the barn. One day he asked me to take your phone and give it to him, but I told him I wouldn't do that because it was an invasion of your privacy."

"What happened?"

"He told my dad I was being bad in class, or I didn't hand in a project, or something like that."

"What did your dad do?" Rachel asked not sure if she wanted to know the answer.

"Do you remember when I had that bruise by my eye?"

"Oh my god, Nathan, has your dad done anything since then?"

"No." Rachel could tell Nathan was lying, but knew he obviously didn't want to talk about it. "I'm going to head to class now, I'll tell Mr.Jefferson you are throwing up or something." Rachel said, and left knowing Nathan needed some time alone.

At first Nathan was confused of why Rachel would tell Mr.Jefferson that, but then he remembered he had photography first period. Nathan wasn't going to that, he would deal with Mr.Jefferson later, he was so angry, he was angry at his dad for telling Mr.Jefferson about the doctors appointment, angry at Mr.Jefferson for not thinking that Nathan's medical history isn't my business, and angry at both of them for talking about him like that. He was good, he never gave his dad trouble, he only once disobeyed Mr.Jefferson once, and that was because there was no way he was taking Rachel's phone. He could have been way worse, he could have shown Mrs.Jones all the bruises on his back from his dad, or told everyone about TDR. Nathan was tired of being good.

Mr.Jefferson had been teaching Nathan about cameras, and how they worked, but he had also been teaching Nathan about the inside of a camera, and what everything does. Nathan had decided it was time to get his revenge on Mr.Jefferson, if Mr.Jefferson was going to complain about him, he would give him something to complain about. Though Nathan wasn't stupid, he knew that if he did something bad, and Mr.Jefferson knew it was him he would be in so much trouble, so he would make it look like an acciednt. Nathan's plan was to go to TDR, take the most expensive camera and make it so next time Mr.Jefferson used it, it broke. Nathan walked all the way to TDR and picked up a 1,000 dollar camera and re-weird some things, he made it so next time you used the camera to take a picture it wouldn't take the picture, and if Nathan had done it right, it would also explode. It wouldn't be a big explosion, just enough so there was no way to fix the camera.

Nathan put the camera back where it was, and walked all the way back to school. It was around lunch time, and when Rachel saw him she looked relieved. She walked up to him and said: "You look happier."

"Do I?" Nathan said with a smile.

"What did you do?"

"That's for me to know, and Mr.Jefferson to find out." Rachel laughed and said:

"Whatever you did I'm sure it will be amazing."

After school Nathan got in the car with Mr.Jefferson and they drove to TDR, while they were in the car Mr.Jefferson said: "Rachel Amber told me you were sick."
"Ya, I was, um, throwing up in the bathroom."

"Are you ok now?" Mr.Jefferson said, not seeming to actually care.

"Ya, I think it was just some 24-hour thing because I wasn't feeling great yesterday either."

"Ok."

Nathan wasn't sure if Mr.Jefferson would use the expensive camera today, but Nathan was in luck. Mr.Jefferson had decided to show Nathan how to take pictures of people without them knowing. Which kinda scared Nathan that Mr.Jefferson knew how to do that. Mr.Jefferson was telling Nathan that the best quality cameras were the best, because the picture would come out better, and since they didn't know you were taking pictures of them you had to do it from far away. Mr.Jefferson set up a mannequin, and showed Nathan where to stand, then he took a picture. At first it just looked like the camera wasn't working, and Nathan had thought he had done it wrong, but 10 seconds later the camera exploded in Mr.Jefferson's hand, and Nathan fought back a laugh.