Chloe and the Asshole

A few days after Chloe found out about Rachel's mom then lied to her about everything she was still feeling guilty for lying to her best friend. Rachel had finally been allowed to come home, but she was put on bed rest. The two girls were playing truth or dare "Dare" Chloe said, Rachel rolled her eyes like she expected Chloe to say that. Rachel would have been surprised if Chloe said truth. "I dare you to" Rachel paused thinking of a good dare knowing Chloe would probably do pretty much anything. Out of nowhere the door opened which surprised both girls as Rachel's parents said they wouldn't be back to check on them for a few hours and it had only been 20 minutes. It was Rachel's dad who Chloe had barely said a word to since she found out the truth. "Can I talk to Chloe for a minute?" He said. Rachel looked at him questionably, but Chloe knew exactly what this was about. Chloe wanted to say no but she knew Rachel would suspect something. "Sure," Chloe said following Rachel's dad.

Rachel's dad took her into his office and locked the door. "Are the walls soundproof?" Chloe asked with an attitude obviously upset with this man.

"How much do you know?" The asshole of a father asked.

"I know everything, I met Sera, and she told me everything. She was the opposite of how you described her. She was nice, sweet, she cared about Rachel." Chloe said using every bit of resistance that she had to not yell at this asshole. Chloe did not want Rachel to here them and she was pretty sure Rachel's room was right above them. "So you know what I paid Damon to do?" the asshole said. Chloe just nodded looking at this man wondering how somebody could possibly do this to another human. "And you didn't tell Rachel?" The asshole asked sounding just a little bit nervous.

"If I had told Rachel do you think she would be acting so nice towards you. You really think she would be telling you how safe she feels when you're around?" Chloe just looked at him. "I want to thank you for not telling Rachel. Thank you for giving me a second chance." This surprised, how could he be so stupid not to know she did this for Rachel, not him. "You stupid asshole I didn't do that for you I did it for Rachel if I told her she would have nobody but me and I can't give her all that. Also, asshole Sera who got sober just to see Rachel didn't want me to tell her because she said she can't be a mother to her anymore and that she loved her and just wanted what was best for Rachel. Then you hire someone to hurt her, to kill her, how fucked up is that." Chloe is still not yelling, she won't let Rachel hear this she won't hurt Rachel. "Now I think we're done here." Chloe gives the asshole the finger and storms out.

Chloe isn't calm as she walks up to Rachel's room but she pretends to be. She can't hurt Rachel not now, not ever. Chloe walks into Rachel's room with her best attempt at a smile. Rachel takes one look at Chloe and knows something is wrong. "What's wrong Chloe what did he say to you? Did he threaten you because it is not you're fault I got stabbed if anything it's your fault I'm alive." That made Chloe laugh. "But seriously what's wrong," Rachel asked concerned for her friend, for the girl she loved with all her heart. "Your dad just saw that some stuff was moved around in his office and figured it was me. Guess I'm not a very good ninja." That made Rachel laugh.

"But I thought the police caught Eliot" Chloe's heart skipped a beat. Now she would have to lie to Rachel once again for. "Ya but I guess he thinks I'm a bad influence and figured I had something to do with it and just left before the police got there."

"Whatever let's go back to truth or dare, what were you going to dare me to do?" Rachel knew she wouldn't get more out of Chloe but she knew there was definitely something Chloe wasn't telling her. This hurt Rachel a little bit as Chloe had never lied to her before. "I dare you to pick truth," Rachel said and Chloe knew where this was going "Ok fine I pick truth." Chloe was getting nervous but it was fine she would just stick with her story. "What were you and my dad really talking about?"

"First of all that is not how you do it you have to say is it true that you can't just ask a question," Chloe said, proud of how smoothly that came out. But Rachel was determined to find out the truth. "Ok then is it true that you and my dad were really talking about what you say you were talking about?" Rachel said not sure if Chloe would lie to her again. "It is true as a matter of fact," Chloe said firmly and Rachel could tell she wasn't getting more out of her.

A few hours later Rachel's stepmom came into Rachel's room and told them dinner was ready. "Chloe, will you be staying for dinner?" asked Rachel's stepmom.

"Of course she will be we are inseparable." Rachel said.

"Oh and Chloe your mom texted me saying that you can't have a sleepover with Rachel and she wants you home."

"Ok," Chloe said. When Rachel's stepmom left Chloe said: "Now I have to go home and see my stepfuck, he is getting really close to my mom I'm worried he will propose." Chloe said sounding frustrated. "I thought they haven't been dating that long." Rachel said surprised at this comment. "I know but sometimes I think David exists just to fuck up my life and that would really fuck it up. Also, he has been really romantic with her recently dimming the lights and lighting candles every dinner." Chloe says.

I am so sorry for that chapter, I swear this fic gets better.