The Date

2 weeks later

Rachel checked her phone, it was 7:25 pm, Chloe was supposed to pick her up at 7:30 for their date. Rachel went to go wait for Chloe outside. Rachel had slowly started to forgive her dad, he would still make little rude comments about her and Chloe but Rachel had learned to ignore him. While Rachel waited for Chloe she scrolled on Facebook. Five minutes later Chloe arrived in her truck.

Once Rachel was in the truck she asked: "So where are we going?"

"I told you it's a surprise."

"Is it a good Chloe?" Chloe was confused "I meant surprise." Rachel laughed, referring to the time they were on the train and Chloe said nice Rachel we're having.

"That was one time," Chloe said, cheeks turning red.

"And I'll never let you live it down."

Fifteen minutes later Chloe said, "Close your eyes we're almost there." Rachel closed her eyes until the car stopped. "Can I open my eyes now?"

"No, keep them closed.". Chloe opened Rachel's door and said

"Grab my hand I'm going to lead you." Chloe walked Rachel into the middle of the parking lot, "You can open your eyes now.".

Rachel opened her eyes and saw a movie theatre "We're going to the movies." Rachel said excitedly, Chloe nodded. "What are we going to see?" Rachel asked.

"Well I asked your dad what I thought you would like for a second opinion and he said you went through quite the Harry Potter phase a few years ago, so figured we would see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1."

"He told you about that?" Rachel said, cheeks red.

"He only said you went through a Harry Potter phase, but now I'm intrigued."

"I was 8, ok remember I was 8, and my dad bought me all the books that were out, so it was all of them up to The Order of the Phoenix. I loved them so much, I would go to school every day dressed as Hermione. I had this one Hermione plushie that I brought everywhere, I would give it food, like 3 meals a day, and I slept with it every night. I was also obsessed with Emma Watson."

"I think Emma Watson is trying to steal my girl," Chloe said and Rachel laughed.

Chloe and Rachel walked in and bought one really big bag of popcorn and m&ms. "You can't have popcorn without m&ms it doesn't taste as good." Rachel said

"I've never had popcorn and m&ms together" Chloe responded. Rachel looked at Chloe confused about how she had gone 16 years without having popcorn and m&ms together.

They sat down and Rachel poured the whole bag of m&ms into the bag of popcorn. Rachel then took 2 pieces of popcorn and one m&m and put it in Chloe's hand "Now try it." Rachel said excitedly. Chloe's face lit up 2 seconds after trying it, "That is so good. You see this is why I have you." Rachel laughed. "Did you read The Deathly Hallows book?" Chloe asked, and Rachel nodded

"Some of my favourite characters died in that book."

When they got to the part where Hedwig died Chole looked at Rachel said: "I loved that owl."

"I know, Hedwig was a true friend." Chloe had read most of the books but seen all the movies.

About halfway through the movie the popcorn was only halfway done, Chloe went to reach for another piece of popcorn, Rachel went to reach for another piece of popcorn. Their hands bumped grabbing the same piece of popcorn. They looked at each other and Rachel whispered "How romantic.", and both went to grab a different piece of popcorn.

Once they got to the part where Dobby dies Chloe looked at Rachel "Not him too."

"How could they," Rachel responded.

Once they left the theatre Rachel said "I read the chapter where Dobby dies while in the car on a 10-hour road trip. We were 5 hours into the trip when he died and I cried the rest of the car ride."

"Wow, you really loved that elf." Rachel laughed

When they were in the car on the way to Rachel's house Rachel said: "I remember where I left my Hermione plushie."

"You do, I have to see it," Chloe said

"When we get to my house I'll show you."

Rachel opened the door to her house and saw her dad. "Hey guys how was the movie, did you watch the Harry Potter one?"

"Yes, it was really good."

"See Chloe I told you she was still into Harry Potter, she claims she's over it but she still has that Hermione Granger plushie, and I think she has every character's wand.

"Dad I told you I'm not that interested in it anymore."

"Chloe did she tell you about the road trip and Dobby, she was 13 when that happened."

"Come on Chloe we're going upstairs." Rachel said with red cheeks.

Rachel rummaged through her closet for 5 minutes before pulling out the Hermione plushie. "It's certainly been loved," Chloe said, the plushie had food stains all over its mouth, and a few holes. "This plushie was my childhood best friend." Chloe laughed and said, "Well it's been replaced by your flawless girlfriend." Chloe said, kissing Rachel."

"Flawless?"

"Yes flawless."

"You know there is one thing you dad didn't think about."

"What's that?"

"He lets us sleep in the same bed." Rachel laughed

"Would you like to stay the night?" Rachel said getting Chloe's not subtle hint

"I'll text my mom.".

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I wanted it to be a cute fluffy Amberprice chapter. I didn't want to have anything bad happen and have it as more of a chill chapter. Thank you for reading, I hope you're enjoying it.