Prescott Phone Call

It had been a couple of weeks since anything new happened with Mr.Jefferson, he had continued to look at barns and 1 room blueprints. Chloe and Rachel weren't getting any new information. Their biggest question was what Nathan had to do with everything, Mr.Jefferson had made him join Kate and Rachel every day. When all the students left his classroom he never let on why he made Nathan join them. Chloe and Rachel were pretty sure Nathan had no idea what was happening either, because no matter how hard Rachel tried she couldn't catch him in a lie.

Chloe and Rachel woke up on Monday morning, got ready and went to Blackwell, when they got there Chloe went and hid behind the window, and 5 minutes later Rachel walked into Blackwell.

Rachel walked into Mr.Jefferson's class and took a seat beside Kate, 5 minutes later Mr.Jefferson started to talk about elements and principles for photography. He then made sure that Kate, Rachel and Nathan were in the same group.

When everybody left the classroom Chloe watched as Mr.Jefferson pulled up the blueprints for TDR, he spent an hour looking at those, and another hour researching barns. Chloe could tell whatever this was for he wanted it to be perfect, he had spent so much time researching barns and looking at blueprints.

After that Chloe wasn't expecting anything new to happen when she heard Mr.Jefferson call somebody, 3 rings later they picked up. "Hello." Chloe started a voice recording. "Hi Mr.Prescott this is Mr.Jefferson, I'm teaching the photography program Nathan is in."

"What did he do?"

"Oh no, Nathan didn't do anything, but I have a personal project for Nathan. This would look very good on a university application, and if he does this project I have connections that would also help him get into pretty much any university, though this project would require some funding. This would also promise his grades would only improve."

"Mr.Jefferson I also have my connections, though I guess you can never have too many connections. I have a few questions about this project though, first, why are you offering it to Nathan, are you offering it to other students?"

"No, I see the most potential in Nathan and want him to have the best chance at any university he chooses."

"What exactly is this project?"

"Well I haven't worked out all the details yet, but it will be a private room for Nathan to photograph whatever he wants, I'm hoping to get really good cameras and lenses as well."

"Ok, but why can't Nathan just use his bedroom for that?"

"Well I'm planning on having it be pretty big with amazing equipment, I also was thinking we make it multi-purpose, I propose we make it a bunker in case we ever need to hide. You know there is always a chance of a tornado, it would be good to ensure a safe bunker as well as a place where Nathan can practice and improve his photography skills."

"My last question is, how much will this be costing me?"

"This will cost about $4,560."

"For a school project, very well, I'll write you a check."

"Thank you Mr.Prescott, you are making an excellent decision."

"I don't mind, as long as you keep up your end of the bargain."

"I will, have a great rest of your day."

"You as well, goodbye." Sean said hanging up.

Chloe stopped the recording, he must be asking Sean Prescott to fund TDR Chloe thought.

Mark Jefferson was planning on telling Sean Prescott the truth, he did deserve it since he was the one funding it, Mr.Jefferson just needed to make sure he could trust him. He needed to slowly ease him into what was going to be happening. His plan was going great. Soon the darkroom would be built, he had the Prescotts on his side and most of his students were oblivious to what he was planning. The only student he was worried about was Rachel, she definitely saw him close his tab right as she walked in and she always turned down his offers of help.

At 4:10 Chloe and Rachel met up at their meeting spot, "Rachel, something big happened today, get in the truck and I'll tell you about it.".

Once they were in the truck Chloe said: " Ok so Mr.Jefferson spent 2 hours looking at barns and blueprints, and then he called Nathan's dad. He said he needed him to fund something, a personal project for Nathan, I'm assuming he wants Nathan's dad to pay for the TDR thing to be built, but he is going to use the TDR room too so I think it's more for Mr.Jefferson. I have a voice recording.". Chloe played the voice recording, "So you think this and TDR must be related?"

"Yes, Mr.Jefferson would have needed someone to pay for it to be built, and he is using Nathan as a way to get that."

"The worst part is that I bet he does have connections to get Nathan into any university he wanted, and he is in charge of his grade in photography, it would be so easy to give him all A's and nobody would question it. This all makes sense, Mr.Jefferson needs a hidden place to do something. He needs someone to pay for it so he got help from the Prescotts which is where Nathan comes into play. Now the question is where do Kate and I come into play?".