The talk

Once Chloe, Rachel and James are in the car James says "Rachel, I'm really sorry, I owe you a huge apology." Chloe knew what she wanted to say but decided to let Rachel talk. "You can't just apologize for this and everything is fixed, you didn't even care about me, you just wanted to look good for all your rich friends."

"I know I'm sorry, I talked to Rose an-"

"Oh so did you tell her, don't let me do it."

"Rachel I had to, she's your mother now."

"You didn't have to do anything."

"Rachel I'm sorry, how about to make it up to you by taking you and Chloe shopping, you can buy whatever you guys want." Rachel laughed.

"So that's how you're going to fix things, you're just going to try to buy your way out of it. I guess you've been doing it for years so why stop now."

"Rachel I'm sorry, I feel terrible for what I've done in the past few days, I know it has been hard, and I'm glad you had Chloe to help you through it, but I promise I will accept you for you."

"Ok fine I accept your apology, can we stop talking about this now."

"Sure Rachel.". The rest of the car ride was silent.

Once Chloe and Rachel were in Rachel's room Rachel said "Can you believe him" Rachel then said doing a very good imitation of her dad "Sorry I've been such an asshole, Rachel, here take my credit card that will make things better.". Chloe laughed, and then said in a more serious tone, "I'm sorry Rachel, I'm here for you though, whenever you need me." Rachel smiled at Chloe then kissed her "How did I end up with such an amazing girlfriend" Rachel said

"I was just thinking the same thing," Chloe said and then the two girls kissed again.

Once Rachel and Chloe were in bed ready to go to bed Chloe said "You know your dad and my Stepfuck would be great friends"

"They could hang out and plan how to torture us even more." Rachel added.

At 3 am Chloe woke up really thirsty, she tried to fall back asleep but at 3:30 am she decided to go downstairs and get water. Chloe quietly got out of bed and walked down to the kitchen, she grabbed a glass and turned on the sink when she heard "Use the water from the fridge, it tastes better." Chloe turned around and of course, it was James.

"Sorry did I wake you up." Chloe said not caring if she woke him up. "No not at all, I was just hungry." Chloe nodded and went to get water from the fridge.

As the water was filling the glass James said "So I talked to Sera"

"Me too," Chloe said

"I know, that's what we talked about"

"I would hope you also talked about how terrible you were being to Rachel."

"We did, Chloe you were right, I thought I was helping Rachel, I thought I could change her." Chloe had to hold back a laugh.

"You can't change her sexuality, hitting her and locking her in her room made things worse. I was nervous to come out to my mom and dad and I knew they would still love me for me so I can't imagine how Rachel felt, and you were the one who caused her to feel that way" Chloe knew she was being harsh but she didn't care James deserved it, actually James deserved to be punched in the face Chloe thought.

"I know, we talked about that, I was wrong, and Rachel was really lucky she had you.".

"She cares about you, but not when you do stuff like that, she wants her dad the one who loved her, the one who was there with her in the hospital."

"You're right Chloe, thank you for talking to Sera."

"I'll talk to your ex-wife or ex-girlfriend any time," Chloe said jokingly.

As Chloe was walking up the stairs she turned around and said "James"

"Yes Chloe"

"You have an amazing daughter"

"And she has an amazing" James paused "girlfriend" Chloe smiled and walked upstairs. Chloe quietly got back in bed with Rachel and fell asleep.

In the morning they woke up and got ready for school, as the two girls were getting dressed Chloe got a text. She looked at her phone, it was from Joyce "My mom wants to know if I'm staying at your house again tonight."

"I don't need you to but I would never turn down an opportunity to spend time with you."

"I would never miss an opportunity to be with you," Chloe said texting her mom that she would stay at Rachel's. Joyce responded with ok but if I get one more call from your school that you're not there, I'll let David handle it, and you won't like that. Rachel saw Chloe's face change as she was reading the text and said "What happened"

"Let's just say I won't be missing school any time soon.".