Cheshire

I'd sketch your face a dozen times, would whisper your name while the wind carried away my hopes with those pieces of paper...

And yet you found me, sitting on that roof top. We wouldn't talk, just sit there together and watch the stars move slowly above our heads. I can't remember being more happy ever in my life.

From that day on, you knew. There would be a smile here, a sudden touch there... but never more than that. No words can describe the agony torturing me deep inside. Knowing that you were there, and yet you weren't. Though you never lied or made false promises. I knew from the beginning that there was no place for love inside your heart. And still, you allowed me to love you.

No words were needed when we talked. You understood, and so did I. It was more than I could ever have asked for. More than you loving me.

Then I almost died saving your life. In fact, I had been sure I'd die when I told you to go ahead. I smiled at you, hoping that you'd smile back.

You did, and I carried that smile in my heart until I reached the trigger. I wouldn't turn around to see if you'd look back to me. I only remembered your smile. Your beautiful eyes were the last thing I saw before closing my eyes forever.

But then I woke up... alive. And you were there, smiling. Though it was different this time. More... honest.

We finally found a way to go home, but it also meant to say goodbye.

Would it be of any use if I searched for you? I asked, and you shook your head. It was alright, as I didn't expect you to care once we left thus strange dream world.

But then you said, no need to search for me. I will find you anyways.

I could hardly breathe as you held my chin with your gentle hand and brought your lips down so they could meet with mine... almost.

Then you were gone, leaving only the promise of that kiss on my skin.

But I'll wait for you to find me.

Cheshire.