You/Azula - Personality

AN: WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING PROMPTS UNTIL I'VE CAUGHT UP WITH ALL REQUESTS. Thank you for understanding

It's been 3 months since Azula's arrival to the asylum and 2 months since you had been paired up to help her get adjusted to the new environment

It's been 3 months since Azula's arrival to the asylum and 2 months since you had been paired up to help her get adjusted to the new environment. After spending almost a year doing well, they trusted you enough to not hurt yourself of the other patients.

"So why are you even here? As far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong with you."

You give her a bright smile, happy that others could see your recovery.

"I used to hurt others for no reason. I changed moods so quickly and it was difficult to predict how I would react. My family thought it was safer to keep me in here after a particular accident."

Hearing about said incident intrigues Azula. In the 2 months that you had spent together, she knew nothing about you.

"What accident? What happened?"

"I...I don't want to talk about it. The doctor said that it's not a good thing to dwell in the past. I'm doing much better."

Azula didn't care about what one stupid doctor said, she needed to know what had made them put you in the asylum.

"You're not dwelling in the past, you're just telling me a story. It's good to talk about things with others. I've told you my story, tell me yours."

You took a deep breath, debating with yourself as to whether or not you should tell her. Your doctor did mention how it was good to talk about things so you figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to talk about what had happened. Your brother had forgiven you and that's all that mattered.

"During one of my episodes, I accidentally burned my brother. No, it wasn't on accident. I purposely hurt him. I can't recall what he had done to make me angry but I remember using my fire bending to burn him. He screamed and begged for me to stop hurting him but I didn't. I...I kept going until someone knocked me out. I woke up a few days later chained to the bed in here."

"You know. You had every right to burn him. It doesn't matter that you don't remember what he had done to cause such reaction. What matters is that he did something that warranted that reaction."

"No. The doctor said that the way I reacted wasn't normal. I can't hurt people because they make me angry."

Azula makes her way over to sit besides you, letting her head rest on your shoulder.

"But it is normal, (y/n). I hurt people when they made me angry. There's nothing wrong with me. The only reason that I'm in here it's because my brother was afraid I would take his throne."

You shut your eyes and clenched your hands into fists as she continued to talk. Everything that she was saying made sense but it was the opposite of what your doctor had said. You weren't sure who to trust. Azula had always made you feel like there was nothing wrong with you and the doctor always talked about how there was something wrong with you.