Chapter 77

Chapter 77

The twins were watching the movie and Joe was tense the whole time. I touched his shoulders and he looks at me with such a sad face. I kissed him and he strokes my hair. "It's okay my love." He whispers in my ear and hugs me tightly. Gavin and Adrian were engrossed in the movie. I smiled a little when they turned around and asked us questions. After that Joe and I put them to bed. I promised both the boys that I would take them to see painting at the Louvre. I kissed both their foreheads. They said goodnight and Joe takes my hand before closing their door. In our room he sits down and remove his shoes before snuggling under the comforters. He looked tired and I quickly changed out of my clothes before laying down next to him. "Goodnight." I said kissing his jaw and he smiles putting his arm around me. "I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." He kissed my forehead then my lips. I doze of in minutes and I could feel him put the blanket around us.

* * *

"It just pisses me off that he's always following Anne. She won't allow a restraining order." Joe's voice was in a harsh whisper."I know..."It awoke me from my sleep. I sat still listening and I spot him by the window shirt off. He parted the curtains and looked out. "She belongs to me and Sebastian can't just take whatever he wants especially Anne." Joe turns away from the window and I quickly shut my eyes. "She is afraid of him. Something happened that she never told me." He walks over to our bed and he starts stroking my cheek. "It could be." He kissed my hair and he sat down. "I brought her and the kids with me for a reason. I don't Sebastian coming near them." He caresses my leg. "Mikey just make sure Sebastian isn't leaving to come here." Joe says and I knew it he was talking to Mikey. "Thanks bro. I'll see you soon." He hanged up and I can sense him staring down at me. I snuggled closer and he kissed me. I felt warm with him and he pulls me on to him to lay my head on his chest.

The hours go by and when Joe had fallen asleep I rose up and stared at him. His mouth was slightly parted and his other free arm was hanging loose on the side of the bed. I got out and placed the blanket over him. I opened the door and I see Gavin outside sitting on the sofa. It startled me but I went over to him and he looks up. "What's the matter Gav?" I said sitting next to him and he hugged me. "Nightmare?"

"Yes." He sniffled and I knew it was bad. I pat his back gently and kissed his cheek.

"It's okay Mommy is here. Tell me what happened maybe we can chase away that nightmare." I tried to make him feel better.

"There was a bad man taking you away from us Mommy." He looked up at me his eyes watery from the tears. I stared at him shocked at what he said.

"What did he look like?" I asked.

"I couldn't see him because he just took you away Mommy." He hugs me tightly and I kiss his hair.

"No one is going to take me away. Daddy will protect me. Okay?" I looked at his hazel eyes. The shape were like mine but the color was Joe's.

"Okay."A small smile forms on his lips and I pushed the curl of hair out of his eyes.

"Now go back to bed. We'll be going to the museum tomorrow." I carried him to their room and Adrian was fast asleep. The bunny stuffed animal we had given him when he was younger was in his arms. I laid Gavin down and he asked for his stuffed animal. I gave it to him and kissed his nose. "Night." I said.

"I love you Mommy." He says and I smiled.

"I love you too my little Gavin." I walked out closing the door just slightly and I see Joe standing outside. Is everyone waking at this hour?

"What happened?" He asked scratching his eye.

"Gavin had a bad dream." I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his naked torso. "What about you? Did you have a bad dream too?"