Chapter 42

Chapter 42

The next morning I felt a little grouchy and made tea to sooth my mood. Joe was still in bed snoring lightly. My daily check of the social media went quick today and I updated Ilani and I's blog with a few wedding dress pictures. I drained my tea quickly and I made another one. I took my morning vitamins and I heard Joe's footsteps. He comes over to kiss me. I gave him a small smile and a good morning. I went back to my laptop and Joe makes himself a bowl of cereal. He sits down next to me at the table and as he's spooning cornflakes into his mouth his hand made its way to my thigh. "Joe not in the mood right now." I whispered scrolling through the menu for the wedding. His hand disappeared as quickly as I said it. He doesn't try again after he finished his cereal. I catch him staring at me from the corner of my eye. He washed his bowl and came back over to me. This time he kisses my neck. "Joe." I push his shoulder. "I said I'm not in the mood." He walks away for a few minutes and I began going through more preparations for the wedding. Joe came back out with just a towel around his waist. I could see the faint V on his hips.

"Come and join me. You need some destressing." He smirks touching my arm.

"Really Joe? I said no." I sighed.

"You promised last night." He leans on the table.

"I didn't promise anything..."I glanced up at him. "I'm not in the mood and I don't feel good."

"Okay fine." He raised his hands in defeat and walks away.

"If you were to help me with some of the preparations I won't be so stressed out with the wedding and our baby." I muttered.

"Anne I asked you three days ago. Did you need any help with it and you said no." He turns around and pinched the bridge of his nose's.

"Well now I have more stuff to do." I scribbled notes down on my notepad.

"And you should be resting if you don't feel well. It's bad for the baby if you keep stressing about everything." He walks back to me at the table and put his hand on the seat. I put my face in my hands there's really no point in fighting Joe. I was on a roller coaster of emotions. I took a breath and got up.

"I'm going back to bed." I mumbled.

"Good." Joe just says before he walks to the bathroom.

Joe came back into the room after his shower. He was wearing a white t-shirt and jeans. I sat up pulling my legs under me. "Sorry for getting mad at you." His eyes went over to me for a second.

"I understand Anne. Your pregnant and these weird mood swings will happen." He dries his hair with the towel. "Just relax okay?" I nod and he sits beside me to kiss my forehead.

* * *

I was dusting my bookshelves in my workroom and I glanced at the dressed up mannequins. My hands haven't felt my sewing machine for weeks and my mind was bursting with ideas for my next collection but I kept them at bay. I didn't need more stress. Joe had an important meeting with his brothers on their next tour and album. He told me he'd be back before 3 and he'll take me out to Central Park for a walk later. Ilani was going to pick up Jojo at the airport. Even if Joe told me not to work around as much I still didn't listen. I did some vacuuming and dusting. I went downstairs when I heard the doorbell ring. I was thinking it would be Ilani and Jojo coming back but when I looked through the spy hole I backed away from the door. Sebastian was standing out side. I looked again to see if I was seeing right. It was him and he was dressed up nicely as if he was going to a date. There was a bouquet of white mums in his hand. He looked at his watch and knocked hard on the door. I looked away and I had no idea what to do. If Joe found out Sebastian was here he'd be furious. If I let him in unexpected turn of events can happen. I looked out again and I see him dialing something on his phone. Mine vibrated in the pocket of my sweatshirt. Don't asnwer. Don't answer. My finger hovered over the decline button but he'd know that I deliberately didn't want to talk to him. I let my phone stop vibrating before I looked out again. This time Sebastian knocked even harder on the door. I was scared he'd break it down. Quickly I called Ilani. "Hey Anne you need something?" She answered on the fifth ring.