Chapter 95

The bed felt so uncomfortable and then when I opened my eyes I remeber where I was. My hand was clasped in someone's hand and I turned my head to see that Joe was sleeping right next me. His head laying down on my arm and I reached to brush his hair to the side. I let out a choked cry not even daring to look down at my stomach. I lay my head back and cried silently trying not to wake Joe.

* * *

Almost a half hour passes and I felt Joe waking up. I turned away when he lifted his head and I bite my lip to keep from crying out for him. "Anne," he whispered laying his hand on my cheek.

"I'm sorry this is all my fault," I croaked.

"Shh everything is okay. You're okay," he pulled me to his chest and I cried against him.

"Nothing is okay our baby is gone," I wailed and he holds my head. " I should have told you. I was just afraid."

"Anne I knew for a while I didn't want you to know either," he says into my hair. "I want Adrian and Gavin to know that I am their father no one else Sebastian has no right to them." I feel him clutch me tighter and I felt his lips press against my ear.

"Sebastian won't stop Joe," I wiped my eyes.

"He will stop he will never come close to us. I'll handle everything. You and the kids will be safe with me," he kissed me and I do felt safer in his arms.

***

It wasn't long till I was discharged from the hospital. My name was headlining tabloids due to my miscarriage. I cried every time I saw it on the news. Joe spoke for me explaining what happened and I went along with the story he tells to hide the truth. Adrian and Gavin were too young to understand what happened so they were kept in the dark. The room we had prepared was taken down I didn't want to look at anything we have gotten for our baby girl. My parents tried to keep me happy but they too have no idea what the truth was. It's not long till Sebastian will go and tell everyone.

I was in the living room reading stories for the boys when I heard Joe's keys jingling. He was home and the kids went rushing to him. I got up and followed after them and Joe carried Adrian in one arm and holding a bouquet of white tulips in the other. "Hello," he kissed Adrian and Gavin's foreheads. I went and picked Gavin up too. Joe kissed me and hand over the flowers.

"These look beautiful," I said and kissed him again.

"Why don't you boys go play Mommy and I need to talk for a minute," he puts Adrian down and I let Gavin down as well. They ran off to their room.

"What's wrong?" I asked touching his cheeks.

"Anne I wanted to move," he says pulling me in my arms. "Only if you'd agree then we'd move out."

"No Joe I want to stay. I love this house," I said hugging him and he strokes my hair.

"You sure?"

"Yes," I looked up and he kissed my nose.

"Al-" the doorbell rang and I went to go answer it. Running down the steps I opened the door and Sebastian stood outside with the same bequest of white tulips Joe got me. I was going to call after Joe but I saw a glance of a gun in his hand.

"Say one word Anne. Get it in the car," he hissed.

_

AYYYEEEEE CLIFFHANGER FORA SHORT CHAPTER.

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while I've been writing for my other account and also busy with school stuff. Anyway this book is almost over and I'm trying to put together such a good ending. For now let's get a build up for it.