Chapter 67

Chapter 67
Joe parks the car in an underground parking and we took out the stroller to put the twins in. Adrian and Gavin had fallen asleep in the car. Joe gently lifts them and placed them into the stroller. Joe pushed the stroller and I followed beside him. As we walked down the street I made Joe put some shades on before anyone could see his black eye. Just as we turned to corner I spot paparazzi across the street taking pictures of us. Joe completely ignores them and I glanced at the cameras before looking away too. "Where would you like to go to first?" Joe asked.

"Should we buy the boys' gifts first?" I looked at him and a faint smile shows on his lips.

"Yea sure." We passed stores and resturants I kept glancing over to the paparazzi following us. I just wanted to be left alone with my family. No I realize how annoying they can be. They came a little closer and Joe didn't acknowledge them at all. We got to FAO Schwarz to buy the twins some new baby toys for and that's when the paparazzi stayed outside taking pictures from the windows.

"Kevin and Dani bought a whole lot of stuff here when Alena was growing up." Joe says look around the shelves of toys. I pushed the stroller now and Gavin was reaching out to the stuffed animals in the shelves. Joe went over to pick one out for him. "We need more stuff toys for them." He smiles and hands one to Gavin and then Adrian.

"But not to many Joe once they get older we won't know what to do with them." I scanned the shelves and Joe kept adding more of the stuff animals into the basket. "Joe."

"What?" He grins holding up a cute fox toy.

"Why don't we look for other stuff." I pushed the stroller and Joe was examining some miniature pianos. "Now that's a nice gift. Get them started on the training on becoming a Jonas." I elbowed Joe's side. He wrote it down on the list and he picked up a small toy drumset.

"Maybe Uncle Nick can teach them." He writes that down to.

"Jeez by the time we know it their room will become an actual studio." I giggled and Joe puts his arm around me.

"Don't worry I already got plans for making your workroom into their studio." He jokes before giving me a peck on the cheek. I swat his arm and I see Adrian wanting to get out of his seat.

"I think Adrian wants to be carried Joe." I tell him and he hands me the list and the basket. The list was inside and I see a lengthy list of all the things Joe wants to buy for Adrian and Gavin. I looked at it and and laughed a little. " This is a lot Joe. Adrian and Gavin won't start playing with some of this stuff until they get a little older." Adrian was squirming in Joe's arms.

"Yes they will. Let's just get them now." Joe smiles at Adrian and I shrugged.

"I wonder what would happen if they were both girl?" I asked.

'Oh that list would have been a lot longer by now." Joe puts a different stuffed animal into the basket.

"Joe your such a spoiler." I said and he looks at me with a smile.

"It's Christmas Gumdrop. Now you tell me what you want." He says and the look in his eyes showed a gleam of mischief. I smiled and he puts Adrian back into his seat. Joe comes to my side and takes control of the stroller. "I'll get you anything you want." He whispers in my ear.

* * *

After going on a shopping spree at FAO Schwarz for Adrian and Gavin Joe made sure everything is delivered to the apartment and that they were all wrapped. That went well and Joe seemed to relax a bit and his mood was calm. I guess he wants me to forget about what happened last night and just focus on Christmas preparations. Now we had to start shopping for the family and friends. During that he brought up the idea of throwing a party at our apartment. His family and my family together and I said it be great. He was looking for gifts for his brothers and I gave Adrian and Gavin their snacks. I crouch down infront of the stroller and tickled both of them and they were both giggling. It warms my heart to hear their giggles. Joe was on the other side of the store deciding which gift was for which brother. It wasn't long till Joe comes over with his presents for his brothers.

Joe was helping on putting the gifts into the trunk while I put the boys into their seats. I unwrapped the fox stuffed animal for Gavin so he could hold it during the car ride. Adrian already had one of his toys out. Joe came behind me and takes my waist. "So shall we still go to Central Park or are you tired?" He asked.

"Yea I'm tired from all the shopping. I'll make us an early dinner." I said and he opens the car door for me. I step in and as I settled down he closed the door. He appears on the driver's seat and he looks back at Adrian and Gavin.

"You boys comfortable?" He smiles at them and the boys made their gurgling sounds. "Okay good." I couldn't help but smile at that moment. Joe takes my hand while driving and I stroked his thumb. In my head I checked off everyone we had bought a gift for but since I was with Joe I couldn't buy him a gift. He kept on asking me what I wanted but I just smiled and shook my head. I didn't really need anything at the moment. I had everything starting with Joe, Gavin and Adrian, and my fashion career. I honestly didn't want anything.

Getting all the presents into the house was crazy.Joe misplaced some of the bags when I was making sure everything was here. We found them later on though and we hid some of the presents in our closets. Joe puts all the boys' presents into their room and I slumped down on the sofa exhausted. I heard Joe coming down the stairs and he walks over to me and sits beside me. "Well we got a lot done today." He kissed my hair and I snuggled against his shirt. Adrian and Gavin were in their playpen with their new toys. Joe pulls me onto him and I giggled as he nuzzles his lips into my neck. "When are you going to make dinner? I'm starving." He says and I smiled

"I'll do it now. Why don't you turn on the Christmas lights on the tree." I pat him on the lap and he takes my wrists.

"Let's just order some Chinese." He grins up at me.

"Okay if that's what you want." I went to the kitchen to look for the menu and the phone. When I returned Gavin and Adrian were on the sofa with Joe. They were throwing their toys around and hitting Joe with the stuffed animals. Joe just chuckled when they started crawling over him. I sat down on the sofa holding the menu and Joe kisses my shoulder.

"Gavin wanted two orders of seasame chicken." Joe say and I looked at Gavin who was sucking on his thumb now. I laughed and Joe puts his arm over my shoulder. "Adrian wanted two orders dumplings." I wrote them down and then I looked at Joe waiting for more orders. "Also both of them wanted the fried rice."

"Okay will that be it?" I smiled.

"Yup." He says and I called and said the orders. Joe made some silly voices while holding the stuff animals to entertain the two boys. I reminded Joe again to put the lights on and he goes over to the tree and plugs it in. It lit up and he throws in a log into the fireplace. He wipes his hands on his jeans and he straightens out the pictures on the mantel. Our big wedding photo hangs above the firepace and he looks up at it and his head turned to look at me. "You were so beautiful on that day. I was so excited and everything." He looks back up at it.

"You looked like a dashing prince." I said stroking Adrian's soft hair. Pulls the curtains close and turns back to look at me.

"I love you Anne." He kneels down infront of me. I touched his face and kissed him.

"I love you Joe." I smiled and he flicked my nose.

"Your my darling."