Chapter 59

Chapter 59

The next few days I was discharged and as we exited the hospital paparazzi had already taken their place outside. Joe was carrying Adrian and I was carrying Gavin to the car. The flashes of the camera were going like strobe lights. They bombarded us with questions."Anne did you know you had twins?"

"Joe are you excited on becoming a father?"

"What are their names?"

"Which one was born first?"

Joe just smiled at them and the hospital security held them back as we entered the car. I smiled at a few cameras and they got some pictures of Joe reaching over and carrying both Adrian and Gavin in his arms. I was excited to get home and prepare the nursery room. Joe was cooing at them when they have awoke from their naps and I wanted to carry one of them. He gave me Gavin and he started to giggle and I can see that he had Joe's eye color. As our driver parked the car in front of the apartment Adrian started crying and I had to comfort him while Joe carried my bag from the hospital. As he opened the door Adrian stopped crying and I was surprised he did so.

"Welcome to our house boys." Joe says kissing both their forehead. I smiled and Joe followed me up to the nursery.

"Should we just let them nap?" I said and Joe nods opens the curtains to let a little light into the room. The view of the Brooklyn Bridge was a beautiful sight to see from this room. As Joe laid Adrian down in his own crib I put Gavin on the changing table to change his diapers.

"Good thing you've read lots of those mom books." Joe comes over and kissed my shoulder. I can feel his hands come to my waist.

"Yea." I put Gavin into his own crib.

"Ah it's going to be a good life." Joe smiles down at me and I kissed him.

"I really want to nap too." I wrapped my arms around his neck. He lifts me up and he walked over to the rocking chair his mom gave him.

"We'll stay here and I'll watch over them." Joe sits down and I lay against his chest. He rocked back and forth. I watched as our two babies moved around in their cribs. I giggled as Adrian sat up and looked at us. "I love you Anne." Joe whispers in my ear. I snuggled my face against his tshirt.

"I love you twice as much Joe."

* * *

Months have gone by and I can really say things have really changed. Every night at least Joe or I will have to get up and comfort either Adrian or Gavin. Even both if it's one of those nights. While Joe is at the studio I take care of the boys and when I do I let them play in the extra guest room we have upstairs across from my workroom. I keep an eye on both of them and when I'm just sketching I'll be sitting in the room with them crawling around and I enjoyed having them with me at all times. Everyone is coming to visit to see Adrian and Gavin even a few designer friends and they can't resist their cuteness is what they would say. I was surprised Sebastian hasn't shown up in a while. One friend of Sebastian, Carla who designed a few projects with me before came over to see the boys. We chatted and she brought up the topic of Sebastian's new fashion show. That's why he's not shown his face. She was inviting me but I turned it down kindly. I let her talk to the babies and she helped feed them with me. I went around the house finishing some chores and she watched them for me. Joe came home in the afternoon and I already had made dinner.

"How are my two little precious angels?" Joe kissed both of them on the head. They started shrieking with laughter and banging on the spoons and bowls.

"They're excited to see you." I said and Joe came over to me.

"What about you baby? Are you excited to see me?" He whispers in my ear and he kisses my jawline.