Chapter 36

Chapter 36

The next morning I woke up smiling and Joe was snoring lightly. Carefully not to wake him I got out of bed putting on his t-shirt. I slipped into my undies and I went to the bathroom. Our clothes were still in a pile in there and I picked them up throwing them in the laundry hamper. I splashed my face in water and I went outside to his kitchen. What should I make? I went through his cupboards and he had the things I need to make pancakes. I tried not to make too much noise so I wouldn't wake Joe. I made the pancake batter quickly before I went back to his fridge for other things to make. There was some patty sausages and I found blueberries. I hummed "Just in Love" while I washed them. The pan was hot enough so I added the blueberrie pancake batter. I flipped each of them as both sides were turning golden brown. I took out some plates and placed three pancakes on each and I started cooking the patty sausages. Hands came down the sides of my body and I jumped. "Holy crap." I said laughing. Joe laughs into my hair and he wraps his arms around me.

"Oh yummy breakfast." He nibbles on my neck. I smiled and stays behind me. "Did you sleep well Mrs. Jonas?" He whispers in my ear.

"Ha future Mrs. Jonas." I said waving the spatula. "And yes I did."

"You know I'm actually excited because every morning you get to cook me breakfast." He says.

"What about you? Aren't you going to cook my breakfast?" I smiled turning off the stove. I put the patty sausages on the plate. He takes both plates and placed them at the table. I filled two glasses of orange and I hand him one.

"Maybe." He grins and he pulls a chair next to him. I sit down and he began to scarf down the food. "Wait I forgot my syrup." He gets up and opens the fridge. He returns with some syrup.

"You like my pancakes?" I asked and he nods his mouth full. I laughed and I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

* * *

"Did you ever meet my parents? Like in person." I asked. We were walking down the hall to my apartment.

"Not yet. Would they be mad if I suddenly asked you to marry me?" He smiles.

"I'm not sure." I said and his smile fades a little.

"Will it be a bad thing?" He looks at me.

"No I know they like you." I said taking his hand.

"When can we go visit them?" He asked.

"Do you wanna go today?" I said.

"Yea. I'd like to meet them." He says. When I opened the door Ilani was on her laptop in the living room.

"Here comes the bride and groom to be." She says in a sing song voice.

"Ooo let me see the ring." I held up my hand and she comes over to me excitedly.

"Joe and I are visiting my parents so were just going to pick some stuff up." I said as she examines my ring with a smile.

"Get some peace offerings Joe." Ilani jokes and Joe laughs. "So when's the wedding?"

"I want it soon." Joe says. I looked at him.

"Soon?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I mean the real soon." He says and Ilani and I laughed.

"I'm so excited! I hope you design your own dress and everything. That would be so nice." Ilani smiles at me then at Joe. "It would be such a fairytale."

"That's actually a good idea." I turned to look at Joe.

"You should do it." Joe nods excitedly.

"I'll let you guys get going before you hit any traffic." Ilani moves back to living room. "I'm stocking up on new fall clothes." She says.

"I better start working on that." I said and Joe follows me up the stairs. "I'm just going to call my mom."

"Yea go ahead." He looked around the room seeing if anything has changed. We'll after Paris nothing real was changed. Paris. The thought of it made me guilty all of the sudden.

"Hi mommy." I said as she answered her phone.

"Anne congratulations." She sounded so happy.

"Thanks where coming over. You've spoken to Joe right now he wants to meet you guys." I said as I looked at Joe. He smiles at me reaching out to hold my hand.

"Yes come over. We want to see you." She says.

"Alright bye. I'll see you guys later." I said.

"Bye."She says. As I hanged up Joe pulls me in a tight hug. "What's happening?" I asked laughing.

"We're getting married." He kissed my head and I smiled. Everything felt like a dream.

* * *

Joe was changing the radio stations while we waited for the light to change. We took my car which I barely used but is always ready downstairs at our parking lot. "Can we stop by a bakery? I wanna bring your parents so pastries or something." He says.

"Yea sure if you want. My grandma would love that." I said.

"She lives with your mom and dad?"

"Yea since we didn't want to leave her on her own." I said.

"That's nice I can't wait to meet her. Would it be considered grandmother-in-law?" He grins at me.

"Yea I think it works like that." I take his hand which was reaching for mine.

"When your parents found out we were dating what did they say?" Joe asked.

"They were shocked but they were happy for me because this was always what a girl dream would be. Have her celebrity crush become her boyfriend." I smiled remembering all those older days.

"Did they ask you about Sebastian?" His expression was impassive. I didn't know what to say at first.

"Uh they haven't said anything about that yet." I looked out the window to see all the trees in a blur. "Joe?"

"Yea." He glanced at me before he looked at back at the road.

"I want to forget about whatever happened with Sebastian. I know you get jealous and everything when it comes to him. I just want you to know that you have me completely so you don't have to worry about him anymore." I said.

"What if he takes you away from me again if I do something wrong?" He says.

"Joe, listen I love you. I know you won't do anything to hurt me again. I'm trusting you." I kissed the top of his hand gently and he moves his fingers to my chin. He strokes it and I held onto his arms.

"Your my one and only." He whispers.