Chapter 33

Chapter 33

The whole ride back I didn't speak to Sebastian but he tried to keep holding my hand. I looked a him and he let's go. He brought me home and I suddenly felt so uncomfortable with him. Before I left the car he leans over and kissed my forehead. "I want to be friends." He whispers.

"Only friends." I said.

"Of course." He helps me with my bags. The things he bought for me were in his hands. I told him before we left that we should return the things he bought me. He shook his head and said it was mine.

"Thank you." I said as he helped me.

"Your very welcome." He has this small smile. Before I really turned away I kissed his cheek and he closed his eyes.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered.

"Don't be. As long as your happy I'll be happy." He smiles before going back to his car. I knocked on the door because I didn't want to look for my keys right now. Ilani opened the door and her eyes widened. She's hugged me and I laughed as she kept on blabbering about his she missed me and how it was irritating to talk to herself when I wasn't there.

"You should have called me down. I didn't know you were going to come home this late." She says and she called for Jojo. They took my bags in the apartment and nothing had changed except that the pillows in the living room were now green. Ilani yanked me up to my side of the apartment and started asking me questions. "Alright did you tell him?"

"Yes." I sighed looking down. "It was so hard for me to do it. Ilani he proposed!" I said.

"What?" She covers her mouth. "Oh my god and you told him there."

"Yea. I felt so guilty and I regretted saying no."

"But Joe he's waiting for you." She shakes my shoulders.

"Did you tell him what hotel I was staying at?"

"Umm maybe?" She shrugged.

"You almost got him caught with Sebastian and you know how that would turn out."

"Sorry he needs my help." She shrugs. "So besides what happened how was your trip. Did Sebastian do anything bad ?"

"No. It actually just felt like a normal vacation." I lied.

"You guys didn't you know what." She raised her eyebrows. I shrugged and she does the same. "What does that mean?"

"I don't know." I said.

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"Fine yes we did." I sagged my shoulders.

"How many times?"

"Are you serious?"

"Hey I tell you my personal stories too."

"More than once." I got up from the sofa to unpack.

"That Sebastian is something else. Here he's all so innocent and then boom when you get to Paris. Can't be tamed." She laughs at her own joke.

"Alright I don't want to talk about him anymore. It's over."

"So your going to forgive Joe. Tell me you are so you guys can get back together so the world will be a happy place." She says.

"We'll see."

* * *

I was putting some clothes in the laundry when the same box that contained the engagement ring Sebastian was going to give me was in my luggage. It was with my clothes and a small note was inside with the ring. 'I want you to keep it as a remembrance.' I closed the box and held it close to my chest. I can't keep this I need to return it to him.