Chapter 85

Chapter 85

After a few hours of arguing Joe finally got his brothers and their dad to let us go back to the U.S. because it was needed and that they should just call him if anything important happens. Here I am now standing outside the room waiting for Joe to come out with our packed bags. Our flight is scheduled at 12 am and the boys were sleeping on the sofa because they were too tired. When Joe came out I came over and kissed him. "I'm sorry you got into a fight with your brothers. I know how important the band is to you. You didn't have to leave to come with me." I laid my head against his chest and he strokes my back.

"Anne your the most important thing I care about. When I say I'm doing this to protect you I'm serious. It goes the same for the kids. If my brothers are pissed about it who cares. It's just one more trip to London. I'm missing one week. I can't miss a day without you." He holds my face. "I put you and the kids first." I nod and he takes my hand so we can go get the kids. I wake up Gavin but he's a little drowsy and Joe just carried Adrian in his arms. We got everything set and ready to go. I'm going to miss Spain and it was actually quite wonderful I'd love to go back again. 

                                * * * 

We landed at LA and the boys were so excited. It felt so different I was so used to New York and now I'll have to be here for a few months. I had a long conversation with my family and Ilani about our decision to stay low for a while here in LA. I canceled my fashion show. Ilani said she'll come visit soon. Joe got us a driver and the trip from the airport to his old apartment was about half and hour. Gavin and Adrian were a bit nervous to see it because I know they're going to miss the apartment in New York. We explained to them that we were going to stay here for a while just to relax and loosen up. It's been hectic and the boys agreed on staying. As we got to the apartment Joe happily pulled all the bags into the house and the kids went running in. They were awe struck with Joe's apartment. "Daddy this is cool house." Gavin said and he looked up. I myself have never stayed here but I liked his loft upstairs and then there's four bedrooms just like our apartment. Every things was pristine and manly looking, I mean this is Joe's apartment. 

"I get my own room now" Adrian says. 

"Yes but only for now." I said and Joe brought everyone's bags into their room. I went up the glass stairs to Joe's loft and I was greeted with big glass windows that showed all of Los Angeles. There was a small day bed up here and a shelf full of vinyl albums. A big painting of Andy Warhol, a record player, Joe's guitars, Winston's doggy bed, and cherry wood coffee table with a chess board engraved into it. Now we gotta get the dogs brought over here so we'd all be together. "Boys why don't you guys come up here and check out this view." I said and I hear them coming up the steps and when they came they hugged my legs. 

"It's really awesome Mommy." Adrian said. 

"Daddy has cool stuff." He walked over to the vinyl and guitars. 

"Careful Gav. That's Daddy's stuff." I said and he listened and went to sit on the day bed. Joe was coming up and he was holding up a ukulele. 

"Hey boys looks what I found. I know you two need to start learning some uke before we give you the guitars." Joe smiles before falling back on the day bed next to his boys. He starts playing a simple tune and the boys swayed side to side. I always wanted to play the uke and this song Joe was playing calmed me a bit. Adrian snuggled under Joe's arm while he played the song and I took my phone out to take a video of it. It was really cute. Gavin had his head against Joe's arm he was was smiling. Joe started singing one of the boys' favorite lullabies and it was adorable seeing both Gavin and Adrian'e eyes light up with recognition of the song. Joe gave it a beach twist.