Chapter 50

Chapter 50

Sebastian's POV

"That's like the ten thousandth time you've checked your phone." Dante looks at me annoyed.

"I'm sorry." I looked at Anne's picture again before I put it face down.

"Sebastian look at you. Your a mess and it's because of a girl. Honestly your age gap is as big as the Pacific Ocean. " He looks down at the box of cookies Anne gave me.

"That doesn't matter to me alright. I love her." I glanced at the clock.

"Sebastian I'm telling you the last time we saw Anne, Joe was there. He's a maniac when it comes to her ." He puts two of his fingers against his temple.

"I can handle that son of a bitch." I took the cigarette he offered.

"Bast how long are you going to live this fantasy of ending up with her? She's married already and expecting." Dante hands me over the lighter too.

"She has my child. It's mine and I want a test to be done." I take a drag from the cigarette.

"You really took it that far." Dante shakes his head.

"What do you want me to do? Wait and beg for her to love me. No, when Joe realizes that it's not his baby but mine, he's going to leave her. Which is my chance to take her back." I went to my fridge and scanned the shelves. Damn. I forgot they scavenged my whole house for any alcohol. "I told her that he's only staying because of her baby."

"What if this plan of yours doesn't work?" Dante leans on the counter.

"Then I take what's mine." I looked out the window.

"What the baby?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Anne and the baby." I put the unfinished cigarette in the ash tray.

"Now I seriously understand why Anne didn't love you at all." He pinched the bridge of his nose. I grabbed his shirt annoyed of his remark.

"What the fuck do you mean?"Dante looked so shocked.

"Your getting out of control." He yanks my arms away from him and he straightens his shirt.

"I don't care. If you can't live with it then leave." I turned away from him and I heard him walk out of the kitchen. The door slammed shut and I started to dial Anne's number. I need her voice to soothe me now.

"Hello?" She says.

"Anne thank god you answered." I smiled sitting down in the living room.

"I heard your back at home. Are you doing alright?" She sounded so serene and I felt so much better.

"Great..." I felt an ache in my heart knowing this will probably the only thing she'll say to me for now.

"I'm sorry I gotta go I'm packing for my honeymoon. Bye." I clenched my fist reminded that she's not mine just yet.

"Bye." I stroked my beard and put my phone aside. My mind needs to clear for a while so I grabbed my keys and went downstairs.

As I exited the apartment I immediately thought of going to the bar but I remember tomorrow morning they're going to see if I consumed any alcohol so far. Instead I decided to just walk and chill out. The weather was just cold enough to freeze my heart even more. I don't know how far I've walked but I decided to smoke another cigarette. Another remedy I need. I stood under an awning while heavy snow fall went on. I pulled my coat tighter around me and little by little I felt better. I blew the smoke out and as it disappeared I squinted my eyes to see through the snow. A small restaurant across the street I see Anne and Joe eating dinner. Anne was laughing and Joe looked at her with this grin on his face. I took another drag of the cigarette and watched as Anne held Joe's hand across the table. I watched in pure hatred and anger. Joe leans closer to kiss Anne and I threw the cigarette to the ground. I looked away as the both of them had their lips locked together. I stepped on the cigarette with my boot and walked away. I glanced back to find Joe pulling her over to him and wrapping his arm around her. I balled up my fists and scowled. I'll do things Joe will wish he was able to stop it.