Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Only a one more weeks until my big day. I was getting used to having my baby around and I sometimes talk to my stomach when I'm up at my studio. We've had the preparations almost finished. All the dresses have been finished and fitted. My wedding dress was so beautiful when I saw it I got a bit emotional. Since my stomach was not big yet the dress was a perfect fit. We picked out where we were going to get married, where the party was going to be, and our honeymoon. I was excited that I was close to finish even if we had weeks to spare. Joe has already been talking about his tux and all his preparations being done. He decided to move in with me for just a while. I wasn't part of any moving because he told me I'd just get stressed out and it be bad for the baby. It was temporary because we were planning on getting a bigger apartment once I have my baby. I've spoken to Ilani and we just planned to making my half of the apartment a bigger studio for my growing fashion collection.

After I put aside my fashion career for just this busy few months the media's spotlight was on us. Every gossip news is raving about us. Interviews got Joe busy even if his half of the wedding preparations were done. On every magazine cover our wedding was the headline.

Other than that Joe was excited to be a dad. I was even more excited because if it was a girl I would play dolls and dress up with her or if it was a boy I'd want him to play soccer and teach him how to be a gentleman to the ladies. I stroked my stomach once and a while Joe would sing to our baby every night. He kissed my growing tummy goodnight and he wrapped a blanket around me before he too hugged me tight. I was so happy and content in Joe's arms. They felt like he could protect us with his warmness and love. I always slept well and it was a rainy night in New York. Joe was stroking my palm and every time his fingertips brushed over my own I felt that same electric shook I felt when we first held hands. It seemed just like yesterday. My phone began to ring and I left it alone since I was too tired and distracted by Joe's caress. I felt Joe shift around and reached for my phone. I laid still my eyes closed pretending to be asleep. "What do you want?" Joe mumbles. I knew for a fact Sebastian called me. Oh crap. "Stay away from Anne. Do you hear me? Leave. Us. Alone." Joe gets ups from the bed. He hangs up the phone and he throws it on the end of the bed. I got this feeling that Joe was looking at me. Then he grunts sitting down on the bed. I looked at him and I saw him rake his hair with his hands. He looked frustrated. I wonder what Sebastian said. There was a prolonged silence until Joe clears his throat and lifts his head out of his hands. He lays beside me again kissing my shoulder and taking my hand. It was like nothing happened.

* * *

Joe was quite in the morning he kept his eyes down and I decided to ask him about the phone call last night. I brushed my hair looking at the mirror. "What's bothering you?" He looks up and his fingers curled and uncurled.

"Sebastian called you last night." His gaze feel on my face in the mirror.

"He-he did?" I turned around to look at him.

"Yea." He mumbled.

"What did he say?" I looked down at my brush.

"He wanted to talk to you...Why?" He takes my chin and I looked into his gloomy eyes.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"If he ever bothers you again. Tell me. Okay?" He leans down tilting my head up so he could kiss me.

"I will." I nod, gently touching his neck and he smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes.

"I'm just going to take a quick shower. My brothers and I have meeting today." He turns to walk to the bathroom. I'm worried and that's not good for me. Joe will do anything just to keep Sebastian away even if some consequences can happen. I went out to the kitchen and I heard Ilani coming up my stairs and she knocks.