Chapter 55

Chapter 55

Joe makes quick glances at me later in the evening. I brushed my hair in front of the mirror. I wonder what he was thinking. He hasn't spoken in a while which was kind of odd for me. I knew something was wrong and I hate it when this happens. Casually sitting beside him on the bed and removing the bathrobe Joe kisses my shoulder. "I love you." He murmurs in my ear. My heart leaps every time I hear those words.

"Love you back ten times more." I smiled and he strokes my cheek. As he makes himself comfortable on the bed I laid beside him.

"Good night." He kissed my head and I replied in a whisper.

"Night." I feel his hand smooth down my hair. He reached to the lamp and turned it off. The next few minutes I felt like he has gone off to sleep. His breathing was calm and his stroking hand had stopped. When I looked up at him I see that his eyes were focused on the ceiling. The moonlight from the windows up there shown on his face. It was like sleeping under stars for us but inside. I moved my eyes back down to the entwined hands on his chest. I snuggled closer to him and my head was on his chest. He moves his arms so they wrapped around my tummy. Probably a half hour maybe. I knew he was awake now that his legs rocked from side to side slowly and steady. Gently I stroked his chest through his t-shirt his skin felt warm underneath and then I see it. His manhood slowly stiffening against his boxers. He doesn't move and I feel his hand move to my hip. I looked up at him again and this time he had his head turned to the side. He was looking at the time. Gently I rose up and kissed his jawline.

"Your awake." He shifts and pulls the blanket just above his waist. Is he trying to hide it? I giggled silently to myself.

"I'm not really that sleepy which is an actual surprise." I said and he sits up.

"You want to take a walk on the beach." He asked picking up my robe from the end of the bed. I put it on and he wrapped his arm around me. I felt warmer than before. We went out the the back and I felt like Joe is really bothered about something. As we walked on the sand I looked at the moon high up in the sky.

"What's wrong?" I asked and laid my head on his shoulder.

"Nothing." He answers. I know he's lying. I don't feel the same Joe with the happiness radiating off him.

"Was it because I didn't let you touch me?" I asked and he shakes his head.

"No I know your not always in the mood. Really Anne I'm fine I just wanted to take a walk." He says.

"Okay just making sure." I kiss his cheek which is when he smiles finally. We began talking about soccer which I was really happy we started talking about it. He promised he was going to bring me to a game. Then we got to the subject of my high school years.

"Did you have a boyfriend?" Joe asked and I smiled.

"Yea junior year was when I got my first one ." I said and he looked surprise.

"Why? Didn't guys ever ask you out I mean look at you." He pulls me closer to him.

"I turned them down because most of them were douchebags." I shrugged.

"Well that's reasonable..." He says.

"School was my main focus." I said. "Yea call me a geek."

"Being smart is sexy." He kisses me and I smiled. "So junior year you finally got one?"

"Yea I thought he was actually going to be the one but he ended up moving." I said and shrugged.

"When you told me the night of your first time we ever had sex. Was it really your first time?" He sits us down on a random boulder we walked up to.