Chapter 46

Chapter 46

I was sitting with pretzel legs on the bed while Joe twists strands of my hair in his fingers. He was laying on his side smiling at me. It was close to midnight we just kept on talking about our honeymoon and our move to a new apartment. I was wearing his dress shirt and he pulls me into his arms. I looked up at him and my eyes met his. "I wonder what color eyes our baby gets?" I asked stroking his jawline.

"Indigo." He laughs lightly. I kissed him and he wraps my legs around him.

"I want them like yours." He holds his head up with his hand.

"We'll see darling." He strokes my cheek and I snuggled closer to him. "Get some sleep you've had a busy day."

"Goodnight Mr. Jonas. I love you." I looked at him through my eyelashes.

"Sweet dreams Mrs. Jonas. I love you too." He kissed me.

The crackling of fire kept me up but Joe was fast asleep already. I stay close to him because he always radiated body heat. I was only in his shirt and panties. I couldn't keep warm. I turned to face the bedside table and picked up his watch. It was 2:59. I faced Joe again and I heard my phone start vibrating on the vanity. I closed my eyes shut to block it out. It won. Slowly I got out of bed and looked at my flashing screen. Sebastian's name showed up. I flipped the screen over. The phone didn't vibrate until after 5 minutes. I looked at it again. Sebastian. He kept on calling me. Finally I had enough I shut off my phone. He's ruining everything. I don't want to hear any of his lies anymore.

Restless night of worrying. Joe wraps his arms and the blanket around me before he kissed my head. "Good morning Mrs. Jonas." He smiles. His smile always brings me joy.

"Morning honey." I cheered up and he nuzzles his nose into my hair. I pulled away from him giggling as he takes my waist. I laughed when he tickles me and I almost died with laughter. "Okay stop." I said wiping the tears from my face.

"Your laugh is adorable." He kissed me. I was caught of guard for a few seconds and he slides off his shirt off my shoulders. I hold his wrists.

"We got to get up." I said and looked at the door.

"Oh come on only a few minutes." He kissed my chin and he puts his hands on my neck.

"Joe everyone will be waiting for us." I said and he continues to plant kisses on my jawline to my ear.

"They can wait a few minutes." He whispers. I bit my lip and looked at his watch. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. He pulls me on top of him.

* * *

"Here they are." Our families were waiting for us so we could have some breakfast before we get going back. Joe's hair was in sort of a weird mess but I tried doing my best to hide it. My parents were looking at us contemplating on what we've done. It was the same for Ilani but she tries so hard to hide her smile. Joe has this grin forever plastered on his fce and his brothers looked at him like they knew. Way to make it obvious Joe. His parents made a few looks over to him. My grandma was looking around the table. My brother talking to Frankie on the other side of the table. This will be probably the last time all of us will be together in a long time. Everyone started conversations. Joe just looks at me the whole time and it was distracting. The topic of my baby came up and Joe was excited to talk about it.

"When is it expected?" My mom asked.

"Sometime around April." I said and she nods.

"Oh that's in...5 months." My mom says.

"Wait your 4 months pregnant?" It was Joe's mom's turn.

"Yes, I just said she found out the before because she wasn't comfortable with everyone knowing that she's been carrying a baby." Joe explains.