Chapter 43

Chapter 43

We came home later than I expected. After our horse carriage ride we just walked around talking like on our first date. Then we went out to dinner. The lights were all out except for the lights up my stairs. We both went up and I closed the door.Joe takes my coat and his into the coat closet and I turned on the tv while I went over to the fireplace. I asked Joe to put it on and I went to get some blankets. Joe was sitting in the sofa facing the tv when I came back with the blankets. The fire was already made and Joe smiled at me as I sit down next to him. I put the blanket over us. "It was a fun day." I whispered.

"I did enjoy it." He kissed the top of my head. My attention was at the crackling fire and Joe turns of the tv kissing my forehead then my nose. The only light in the room came from the fireplace.

"Joe?" I sit back a little facing him. My legs wee folded underneath me.

"Yes my love." He whispers his fingers grazing my jawline.

"Don't get mad to what I'm about to say okay." I gently caressed his neck.

"I'll try." He looked a little worried.

"Sebastian was here this afternoon." I looked at him and his jawline tightened.

"What did he want from you?" Joe's voice was cold.

"I didn't answer the door." I said.

"He didn't try anything to get in did he?" Joe's grip on my arm became tight.

"I called the security. I didn't want to pull any attention here." I said.

"Good. I don't want you to see him. I don't want you talking to him." He takes both my hands, holding them tight. "Do you understand?" He looks intently into my eyes.

"Yes. I do." I was surprised. This wasn't the usual Joe. He pulls me closer again and traps me against his chest. He read my mind.

"I don't want to lose you again. If he talks to you he'll change your mind." Joe kisses me again and again. "I don't want that to happen. You don't know how much I love you." I took his face in my palms and looked him in the eyes.

"Your never going to lose me. I'll always be here. I love you so, so much." I laid my head on his chest and I can feel his heart beating. He kissed my hair and I turned my head to look at the fireplace. My heart knows where I want to be and it's with Joe. I wanna be with him always. I knew and felt it every time. I looked up into his eyes and the fire reflected in them. I turned his face to me and gave him a long and gentle kiss. He smiles sliding his hands into my hair and holding my head closer to his. I pressed my forehead against his and he looked down at me. He tucks a strand of hair behind my hair and whispered in my ear.

"I'm never letting you go." He kissed right near my ear and I smiled wrapping my arms around his neck.

* * *

I had a huge smile on my face as I brushed my hair in front of the mirror. Joe had just fallen asleep after a long day of prepping for tomorrow. My big day. Our big day. So much preparations were done even the days before we still had things to get done. The glint of my engagement ring reflected on the mirror and I looked down at it for a while. I turned my hand over to look at the engraved band. Anne Jonas. It sounded so unimaginable when I whispered it. I turned to Joe my husband to be tomorrow and I looked down at my stomach. Our baby to be. I laid down next to Joe and he drapes his arm over me. Snuggling closer I kissed his lips and they part slightly. I smiled doing it again and again. He had the most kissable lips ever. He stirred and I left him alone to have his beauty sleep. I should be getting to mine now.

Friday at exactly 9:30 am I woke up patting the bedside and I felt different flower petals thrown all over. Joe was already long gone he was going to be with his prepping team. Last minute changes he was in charge of and me I was left at the apartment with all my wedding essentials. There was a handwritten note from Joe and I smiled reading it. 'I'll see you at the altar.' Ilani came bounding into my room and she looked so happy to see me. "Oh my god! Look at the bride!" She smiles taking my hands and pulling me up from the bed. We danced around and she gave me a long hug.