Chapter 47

Chapter 47

(Joe's POV)

I hate seeing her with Sebastian. I hate how she's falling for every little thing he does. I hate him. Anne belongs to me. She's mine and no one else can have her. I watched her brush her hair at the mirror. A dazed look on her face. Result of Sebastian's recklessness. I observed on how she gently pats her stomach and a smile pulls out her lips. I'm happy our baby can pull her out of Sebastian's spell. My jealousy subsides when I see her wedding band and I looked down at mine. Her engagement ring glittering on the same finger. "Did you open your other gifts yet?" I asked as I put my head on the my hand.

"No not yet. I think we should open it together." She clasped her hands. I got up from the bed and followed her outside where all the boxes and gift bags were piled up. I loved when she got excited with each gift. I made a mental note to remember to make all the thank you cards. We got Cupid statues, plates, intricate wine glasses, and more vases of different shapes and sizes. I was distracted by her smile and she held up the Cupid statues. I barely understood anything she was saying about them. I was busy staring at her and I take the statue from her hands and put it on the floor with the other gifts. I pull her into a kiss and she shivers when I slide my hands into her shirt. "Joe I'm really tired. I just wanna go to bed." I felt rejected and angry. If it wasn't for Sebastian this wouldn't happen. My hands slides down her arms and she gets up to put some other unopened boxes aside. I got up and helped her. She hugs me after which I didn't expect but I put my arms around her. Something is really wrong. I lay my lips on her head and she holds me tight. I cradled her in my arms as I sat back on the bed. All I want to do is comfort her.

"What's wrong?" I looked at her face. Her eyes were closing. I panicked and I see the blood on her legs. My heart was racing and I picked her up. I screamed for Ilani as I went down the stairs. She was there in a second and when she saw Anne she covered her mouth. Her head was lolled to the side.

"What happened?" She opens the door and I ran down the hall with Anne unconscious in my arms.

"She started bleeding." I punch the down button and the doors opened.

"Don't tell me you guys were..." I cut her off.

"No she looked sick when I saw her and I just saw the blood." I started to sweat. I need to get her to the hospital before anything happens to our baby. I sit her at the back with Ilani and I sped all the way to the hospital through different streets avoiding traffic and not giving a damn about police.

* * *

I sit at the waiting room once again on the same day. Different hospital from Sebastian's. I didn't want to know he was in the same building with Anne. Ilani sits beside me with a cup of coffee. I put it on the table in front of us and thanked her. I couldn't take anything right now. I was worried to death about Anne. I couldn't bear to even think about miscarriage. My hands were shaking and Ilani pats my shoulder. "Anne is going to be alright." I wish I could just see her and see for myself. After an hour or so her doctor came out. I got up and shook hands with her.

"Are they both okay?" The first words that came out of my mouth.

"They're completely fine. Bleeding is common in pregnancy and sometimes it's nothing to worry about. It's good that you came right to the hospital before anything else happens." She smiles. I knew everything was going to be okay. "Well now it means she's going to have a healthy baby through delivery."

"Thank you doctor." I said and she bows her head.

"If you'd like you can go see her now Mr. Jonas." She says.

"I will. Is there anything else I can do so this won't happen again?"

"Well until her bleeding stops try to refrain from having any sexual intercourse." She says. I nod and looked at the door.

"Will she able to travel? Our honeymoon is in two days." I said.

"Let her rest. Maybe you could reschedule it for now." She says. I nodded again and thanked her before I went into her room. Anne looked at me when I came in. She was sitting up on the bed a little wide eyed. I would have called her adorable if she wasn't in here.

"Hi baby."I said walking up to her. She hugged me tightly and I kissed her hair. "Your alright. Nothing is wrong. Don't stress about anything alright." She nods and I kiss her forehead.