Chapter 48

Chapter 48

I was tucked under a pile of blankets when I woke up. Joe's face was nuzzled up in between my head and shoulder. I recollected what happened yesterday from visiting Sebastian at the hospital to ending up in one. So many things have already happened and I can't keep up. Doctor's orders are to rest for now and reschedule our honeymoon. Which Joe already handled it in the middle of the morning. We have planned it for next week instead. I sit up on the bed without waking Joe up. He looked so tired he would probably sleep in. I kissed him and got out of bed. I slipped on a sweater and walked out to the small kitchen. I could hear Ilani walking around downstairs in her heels. Joe's guitar was place on the futon and I picked it up to put on the stand. On the counter his keys, phone, and wallet were all scattered with some other junk I throw on the counter. I warmed some tea which was the only thing I drank in the morning nowadays. While I cleared the table with all the post wedding plans I found my sketchbook and I flipped through it. I started sketching and more ideas came to me. I filled up 4 pages and I already knew what fabrics to choose. Then I remembered that I'm not allowed to work. The phone started to ring and I would have expected Ilani to pick it up but she must have left. "Hello?" I said.

"Good morning." Sebastian's voice startles me.

"Sebastian hi. It's a bit to early don't you think?" I joked with him.

"I need some company. Visit me again. I already miss you." He whispers.

"I'm sure Maria is there. Your parents are coming soon aren't they?" I looked at the open bedroom door. Joe must be still asleep.

"Why won't you just come here?" He says.

"I can't." I hoped he won't be bothering me all day with calls.

"Joe isn't letting you go?" He mutters.

"Yes. I just want you to understand that I'm his wife now. What we were before can't happen anymore." I explained to him.

"I understand." He says and hanged up. I sighed and put the phone aside.

Joe woke up in the afternoon and I quickly made him some brunch. He stopped me when he found me in the kitchen. "Your supposed to be resting. Come here." He takes my hand and sits me at the table. I wrapped my arms around his hips and he strokes my hair. "What's wrong?"

"I want to go to Barnes and Nobles." I looked up with puppy eyes and a pout. Joe laughs and holds my chin.

"Anywhere you want to go." He leans down and kisses me. Then he returns to cooking the food that I was making for him while he talked about some action movies we should go see. He wanted the baby to become badass. I laughed while I was eating and has this smile on his face when he tucks a strand of hair over my ear. "Gumdrop I love you." He whispers in my ear and I melt. He kissed me and I look up at him when he pulls me in his arms.

"Love you Poobear." I smiled and the nickname made him laugh.

"What if I call you Honeybun?" He kissed my neck and I giggled pulling his head away but he resisted.

"No. I'll call you Poobear." I pinched his cheek.

"Danger, call me Danger." He smiles down at me and I hear my phone ring. Joe looks up and turns his head to the table. He picks the phone up and looks at the screen.

"What?" I asked reaching for it. I took it from his hand and Sebastian's name flashes.

"Answer it." He mumbles and walks away from the kitchen. I stared at the phone and hesitated on the answer button. Joe slumps down in the sofa heaving a sigh while he stares at the tv.

"Hello?" I put the phone to my ear.

"I'm waiting for you." Sebastian says.

"How are you doing?" I looked over my shoulder.