Chapter 29

Chapter 29

(Joe's POV)

I checked the time. 11:59 pm. My hands were sweating as I opened the balcony doors. I glanced around. 12:00 am. I sat down at the chair. Happy Birthday Anne. Where ever you are now I wish you the best. I love you. I closed my eyes tight and put my hand to my forehead. You could have been spending your night celebrating her birthday right now.

I need to find her she's here in Paris with that asshole Sebastian. I'm forever grateful that Ilani gave me the hotel they're staying at. I know I should wait for her on the day of the concert but I need to talk to her. There was the sound of one of the balcony doors opening. I glanced to the right, one balcony over I saw a girl in a nightgown. It reached just about to her thighs and she leans against the railing. She had wonderful curves that were so familiar. The lights from the street gave me a good look at her face.

It's my beautiful Anne.

I sat up from my chair fumbling for my phone. My heart beats quicker as I stare at her. She doesn't notice me she's looking down at the street. Her phone was in her hand. Where's Sebastian? I called her. I want to hear her voice. Tell her I hope she's has a great birthday and I love her. Her phone lights up and she doesn't pick up. I had the urge to call her from the balcony. I didn't want to wake anyone up. She's hesitating and then she puts the phone to her ear. "Hello? Joe." Her voice a hushed whisper but I was glad to hear to it again.

"Happy Birthday." I said my voice reflecting hers.

"Thank you." She strokes the railing.

"Anne I've missed you so much." I watch her as she lowers her head.

"I read your letter." Her voice soft.

"Dani told me your coming to the concert." I moved a little closer to the end of the balcony wanting to hold her close to me. She still hasn't noticed me.

"Why do you keep calling me?" She sounded strained.

"Because I want to hear your voice." I said a little louder. "I love you Anne." She was startled as she looked at where I was.

"What are you doing here?" She hissed.

"I wanted to see you." I said.

"You can't let Sebastian see you here." She says. Then I heard his voice.

"Anne why are you out of bed?" I saw him coming out to the balcony with only his boxers. Not a sight I wanna see. A girl in such a short nightgown and guy half naked. God knows what's they've been doing. Anne didn't hang up she just left her phone hanging in her hand. Sebastian walked up to her taking her by the waist and kissing her. I wanted to chuck my phone at him my anger is boiling.

"I just woke up." Anne says.

"Excited for your birthday." He kisses her again and she hangs up. I watched clutching my phone tightly. I wanted to scream get your hands off her. I didn't want to make a scene. Sebastian didn't see her phone and he kissed her neck. This guy has no respect. Anne didn't push him away, she even wrapped her arms around his neck. I felt an invisible knife go through my heart. Sebastian moves his hands down her body and slides them under her short nightgown. I was going to jump these balconies and beat the shit out of Sebastian. That's when Anne pulls Sebastian back into the room. I was still staring at the empty balcony. My fist clutching the railing tighter that it hurt. Anne is mine and only mine.