Chapter 6~ •°Goodbye for now°•

An hour or so later the twins and their mom was placing the heavy suitcases into the car. Four suitcases in total two for Meadow and two for AJ. One was packed full of clothes while the other one was only consistent with school books, cauldron, the bronze scale and the other school supplies. Their wand was safely packed away in the clothes suitcase. Meadow sat herself in the seat behind her mom and AJ sat in the front seat like usual.
Their two owls were also in the backseat with Meadow.

It almost felt like yesterday when they got their owls even if it had been exactly a year since the day. At the twins birthday, Skyler had gotten them two owls, one for them both. AJ had gotten a rather small tawny owl that he named for Alexis even if Meadow had constantly begged him to name his owl for Owlbert Owlstein. Yes, the name was funny and it would fit a wise owl but AJ didn't seem like his owl suited the name.
Meadow on the other hand had gotten a somewhat large eagle owl that would constantly bite her if she didn't pet it behind the wings. AJ was the one who came up with the brilliant name for the owl. Meadow named her owl Nikisha that was Amharic for bite and she still had no clue on how her brother had come up with the name. AJ just said that he had read the name somewhere in a book or something.

"I can't wait for getting to Hogwarts or for even going on the train!", Meadow told exited after they had driven for a while down London. She had never taken a train before and neither had AJ or even their mom for that sake. Going to Hogwarts was still unbelievable and it almost felt like a dream but everything was real.

"I agree with you for arriving at Hogwarts but I'm not so excited for the train", mumbled AJ in response, which was glaring out from the window, fastening his gaze down at the road. He would usually get car sick and he wasn't so head over heels for travelling by a damn train.

"AJ, it's going to be alright, I will be there at every moment to assist and comfort you if you need it, twiny", assured Meadow while she smiled at her brother. Travelling sick, something her brother was and something she didn't have. She didn't quite understand it but she would always be there for AJ no matter what.

"I know and I'm super grateful for having such a nice twin sister", AJ said and Skyler sniffed a little. It was both beautiful and sad that she was driving her children to king cross, sending them to a school for magic.
They were going to be away for a while and they would only be home at school breaks. She was happy for her children and so proud of them for following the magical footsteps that their dad once had taken.
-

Time flew by and it didn't take them a while before they were now standing at King Cross Train station. The clock was half eleven so they had a little time to spend but they were also in a rush for getting to the train before it left. AJ and Meadow were pushing their trolleys while their mom walked next to them, carrying the cages with the two owls that were hooting now and then. The three would get glares from people, probably because it wasn't every day to see someone carrying owls with them.
After a little stroll, they reached platform nine and ten but they couldn't find platform nine and three quarters anywhere. Meadow glanced confused around her and the same thing did her mom but AJ just shrugged. He knew that he and his sister needed to run through a wall to get to the right platform but he wasn't quite sure which. His dad had written in the journal that he had run into the wrong wall at first but the second time he had run into the right wall and the wall was some sort of portal to the platform.

"We are supposed to run into a wall that is supposed to be a portal", AJ stated and his sister just gave him an odd glare. That was exactly what he imagined he would get since running into a wall? That seems insane.
AJ glanced around him, searching for someone that maybe could tell them how to reach the platform. It was hard to find someone to ask since most people looked like ordinary people. Finding a wizard family was like finding a needle in a haystack.
A while later AJ spotted a brown hair boy who was wearing glasses and he looked as lost as he and his sister were. The boy walked towards a woman that stood close enough to AJ that he could hear what he was talking about.

"I don't know how to", said the boy to the woman who had red hair and she was holding a girls hand that probably was her daughter. Next to the woman stood four boys, all redheads. Two of the boys was identical twins and AJ smiled. It's not going to be just him and Meadow that was twins.
AJ turned to his sister that was glancing at the family who the boy was talking to. She had noticed it herself and they both know what this meant.
This was goodbye to their mom and it would be long before they would see each other again.

"That woman over there knows the way", mumbled AJ while he pointed at the woman. Skyler shrugged before she bent down next to her two youngest beautiful children. She wrapped her hand around the two of them and the two did the same thing to her.

"Aw, that means that this is goodbye. You know maybe I should just hug you two until the train leaves", Skyler joked while she was trying to hold back the tears. She really didn't want to let go but she knew she had to. She couldn't refuse her children for going to the school that they had talked about for a whole year, telling about how excited they were.
They stood there hugging for a while before they split up and AJ was sobbing while Meadow was whipping away the few tears in her eyes.
She glanced at her mother's smile before she gave her another hug and then she took Nikisha, placed the owl on the trolley and then she pushed the trolley towards the red headed woman. Meadow knew that she couldn't stay at that spot longer because then she wouldn't want to leave anymore. She really wanted to go to Hogwarts even if it meant not having her mom around all the time. She still had AJ she thought before she looked to her side, only to see AJ next to her who was sniffing through the tears while he was pushing his trolley around and Alexis was hooting at some nearby owls.

"It's going to be okay, it's not goodbye forever", Meadow said trying to cheer up her twin and AJ nodded in response. He whipped away the tears when they reached the woman who smiled as she saw the two.

"Good morning you two dearest", told the woman with a soft voice that made them both smile. She seemed like a really nice woman.

"Good morning, miss", AJ and Meadow said at the exact same time. The woman smiled at them probably because they were reminding them of her two sons who had now disappeared or was probably at the train already.
The brown-headed boy had also left the spot.

"We wondered if you could tell us how to get to the platform", asked AJ politely while he pointed at his train ticket. The woman glanced at them and then she pointed at the wall which was dividing platform nine and ten.

"All you two have to do is to run straight into that wall over there. One important thing is that you don't need to be scared of crashing into it. Maybe take a run for it if you two are nervous", replied the woman soft and so polite that Meadow was flattered by this woman. Meadow being Meadow gave the woman an unexpected hug and the girl that was holding the woman's hand was just giggling at the sight.

"Thank you very much", hummed Meadow to the woman after she had broken up the hug. The woman smiled and glared at the cheerful brown-headed girl who had just hugged her for just telling her how to get to the platform. Blimey, it's great to see that some people in this world are still polite thought the woman. Meadow took her hand and poked AJ in the shoulder and AJ almost screamed since he wasn't paying any attention to what was going on.

"Wanna go first or shall I? The decision lays in your hands AJ", spoke Meadow after her brother had taken some deep breaths.

"I think it's best if you go first.", replied AJ since he was terrified of crashing into a wall like his father once had done. Meadow sighed since she had hoped that AJ would go first but it didn't bother her that much. Meadow turned and aimed the trolley to the wall that was dividing platform ten and nine, then she started running for it. She ran and ran and once she only was centimetres away from the wall she closed her eyes hoping that everything works out. She ran a little longer with closed eyes and she opened them up only to discover that she had done it. She was at platform nine and three quarters.

AJ looked confused when his sister had been eaten by a wall but he just shrugged before he did the same thing as his sister. He aimed the trolley at the wall, started running and he closed his eyes in hope that he wouldn't crash. Seconds later he opened up his eyes again and he was stunned. He was on the other side. He had made it!
Blimey, magic is an ordeal interesting thing he thought while he smiled at Meadow who was clapping for him with a grin on her face.