Chapter 10 °Friends and enemies°

AJ sank down on the bench while he just glared empty around him. This would not be good for Meadow. If they only had gotten sorted into the same house, then he could keep an extra eye out on her. Even if it seems to be that Meadow is the overprotective one, it's the quite opposite.
Yes, maybe she can be a ton protective but not as much he would be to her.
Especially when it came to circumstances where Meadow didn't just feel like she had to have him around but when she needed him to be there.
She wasn't a big fan of not having her twin brother around and AJ sure as hell understood why. Meadow would always get anxious if he wasn't around and that is why she would always drag him along with her. Meadow was scared to lose him or more like terrified of the thought. She didn't know what she would be doing without him.
His twin needed him to be there and now everything would get complicated. He has to talk to Meadow as soon he has the chance too. They have to work things out.

Maybe it wouldn't be that bad being in different houses after all. What if it helped Meadow to get more confident with herself. Even if they weren't in the same house, it didn't mean that they wouldn't be seeing each other. They would probably have lessons together and they could hang around after classes. They would still always be there for each other whenever it was needed.
Meadow thought about this for a while since she hadn't got anything else to do. It was going to be alright, they would work things out.

"Hi", did somebody say from the other side where AJ was sitting. AJ, who hadn't paid much attention to his surroundings, looked up and then he found himself glancing into some deep blue eyes with hints of gray. AJ stared at him but then he started glaring around the room since he had realized what he was doing. He could feel his cheeks heat up and he wasn't sure why.

"Oh hello there", AJ told after a couple of seconds later. The boy smiled at him and he was sure that the boy was named Tycho.

"So, I guess we are in the same house", Tycho suddenly pointed out and AJ just glared at him in response. Of course, they were in the same house, why would he sit here if he wasn't.
"I mean, that means we have classes together and stuff", Tycho added in a hurry. It seemed like Tycho was a tiny bit nervous but AJ really didn't blame him. He was just as nervous for the days that would come.
"Sorry, I'm a quite strange and a awkward person at moments. Sorry if I spooked you out or anything. Anyways I'm Tycho", he continued and AJ simply smiled in response. He didn't find Tycho awkward at all nor strange, he was just acting like a human being.

"No, no need to apologise. I don't think you are strange or awkward and if you were I wouldn't mind. Strange people are more colourful", AJ commented and Tycho looked up at him in wonder.
"I'm AJ by the way and it's nice to me you Tycho", he remarked with a bright smile on his lips. Maybe he had managed to make a friend in just a matter of minutes of being here.

"It's great to meet you too AJ. Uhm, do you wanna be friends", Tycho told after finishing it up with a question. Hah, Meadow wouldn't believe this. AJ finally making friends on his own.

"Of course we can be friends", he answered like a ray of sunshine, shining through the airy clouds. He was rather happy about making friends since friends were something he didn't have many of. Actually, he didn't have any friends at the Achilles school but he did have Meadow to keep him company.

A loud rumble was heard and Tycho stared at AJ. Apparently, it was his stomach that was arguing about when it would be fed. Gosh, it was long ago that he had eaten the pancakes. AJ really was hungry and he glanced down at the golden plate and the golden goblets. Why gold he thought but before he could get deep into thinking, a man got to his feet from the staff table. It was the principal, Albus Dumbledore.
AJ wasn't sure to know what to think about Dumbledore. He had just read things about him here and there. It seemed like Dumbledore was a decent person and that was the only thing AJ could think about him.