Chapter 18 °•First steps into the magical world•° Part-1

"You know, I still don't get why you are like a map but the world is filled with mysteries isn't it", Meadow claimed and AJ let out a little laugh.

"Mysteries seriously, aren't you the one who doesn't like the unknown", AJ retorted and his twin raised an eyebrow making the same look she always does when he said something she didn't find funny. If she continues with the look she probably is going to get wrinkles in the near future.

"Mysteries aren't the same as the unknown, mysteries can be solved or figured out while the unknown just sticks that way it is", she told at the moment she dodged a wall. Recently she hasn't been quite on the earth since her mind was drifting around in space.

"Are you okay since you have been acting interesting lately?", he asked and Meadow shrugged. She was somewhat okay but it was a lot to adjust to. New changes and all and she normally didn't like that. She would cling to things that were familiar because that was what made her feel safe. She would usually run away from changes because she didn't like them. Changes were something scary since you never know what happens next.
Now, she was totally out of her comfort zone. She wasn't home and she was far away from her safe place where things were familiar. It had barely been a day at this school but she still missed home quite much. She missed her mom especially and it frightened her that she was miles away.

Meadow was the kind of person who would freak out for little things when it comes to people she cares about. For example, if her mom didn't come home when she should have, Meadow would panic and it would end up with her struggling to breathe because it felt like the walls were getting closer towards her, the walls were after her and they wanted to take her.
Or if AJ would be out getting some fresh air, she would be terrified if something happened to him so she would always beg him to not leave or take her with him. She didn't like not having the closest people in her life away from her since she was petrified that they might not come back again.
She didn't want to be alone, that was the most foolish thing in her life but being alone was her greatest fear.

"Yeah kind of I guess, I mean I just miss home", she testified in a low sad voice. She knew that she always could lie about how she was feeling and all but AJ would tell that she was lying.

"Hey, I miss home too and I'm pretty sure everything is brilliantly fine back home. Mom is doing alright, I'm sure of it and you remember what she said when we were younger", AJ told maintaining the dreamful calmness he always had in his voice that always soothed Meadow when she was feeling down. Meadow stared at him with wide eyes.
"Our happiness is the brightest light in the world, brighter than the sun itself, the source of all light. If you feel down in the darkness then all you have to do is to think about something that will make you smile then all the darkness will vanish because the light we have in us is stronger than the dark", he quoted so brightly and optimistic that Meadow got tears in her eyes. She quickly pointed at a statue and AJ turned around and when he did she wiped away her tears.

"You know I have been your twin for twelve years now, so I know all of your tricks in the book. You don't need to distract me when your eyes are leaking", AJ replied and Meadow pulled him into a hug. He always was there for her when she needed him and she felt she deserve him.

"Don't mention it to anybody", Meadow asked as she split up the hug. She didn't like the thought of people knowing that she had feelings.

"Fine I'm not and I was never thinking about it", he uttered as they walked towards the classroom. The Defence Against Dark Arts classes was on the same floor at the Great Hall so it didn't take them a long time before they arrived.

"Who is the teacher for this class", she asked optimistically since she knew that AJ had the answer, he usually did have answers for whatever questions you asked him.