Chapter 14 ▪°Sleep and Trouble °▪

He was sleeping like a stone, dreaming about a wonderland. Happy clouds pink like cotton candy, lollipops cheerfully singing in tune and elves dancing around with a golden bucket. The elves were going to give him gold on a silver plate but he abruptly didn't have the chance to. He reached after the plate but someone woke him up or more like shaking him wildly. He opened his eyes, blinking constantly before they got used to the lights.
He startled himself up to a sitting position and looked around him. Tycho was standing above him, glancing down at him with a flat look.

"Oh, finally you are awake, took you long enough. Almost thought I had lost you there", Tycho muttered and AJ rolled his eyes in response. He had just woken up and didn't find sarcasm welcome yet.

"What's the bloody clock?", asked AJ sleepy. He hadn't got that much sleep during the night, although he probably started sleeping probably when the clock was three in the morning. Before that, he went in and out drifting from sleep to a fully awake state.
Tycho checked his watch and nodded at the time.

"Almost half seven in the morning", Tycho answered and AJ glared at him like he was a frickin alien. Why had he chosen to wake him up at these early hours? He could have woke up later but of course not.

"Why, why are you waking me up this early?", questioned AJ with a tiny growl. He really wasn't a morning person at all. Actually he hated mornings since then a new day would begin and then the day will end up like memory and then vanish in thin air.

"Aren't you supposed to head to the Gryffindor common room? Weren't you all talking about speaking with Meadow before Breakfast", said Tycho cooly. Wait, AJ could remember he had talked about something like that but he couldn't remember it. It was late at that time and he was so damn tired that he started laughing at a stupid wall, almost as it was the most laughable thing on the whole planet.

"I guess so...", mumbled AJ before he rose up from his bed. No time to waste then if he is going to talk with Meadow. He could be gloomy later since noting is more important than making sure everything is alright with his twin. He still had a bad feeling from last night. That wave of sadness that suddenly came over him. It only meant that Meadow was going through something and he wasn't there by her side.
He found himself some fresh robes and took them on after Tycho had said something about Nyx and then hurried downstairs. Honestly, he didn't know what was going on, he had made friends yes, but he barely knew these two. Well, he didn't expect to know everything about them in one go but how does he figure things about them? He hasn't had friends for like two years or more so his memories of getting known with folks was nonexistent at the moment.

Sighing he headed to the common room after he had been done dwelling over how bad he is at acknowledging how friends work. As he headed down the stairs he heard someone shouting and it wasn't a big surprise when it was Tycho blabbing on and on about something, to poor Nyx who was just sitting peacefully near the fireplace. It did indeed look like Tycho was lecturing Nyx about something and this was quite odd and obscure.

"You know, if you continue with this nonsense, I'm pretty sure you are going to end up sick", did AJ hear from Tycho as he reached the bottom of the stairs. Oh boy, what had Nyx done?

"It's not nonsense and for my defence, I couldn't manage to sleep", spat Nyx out in defence and now he had realized what Tycho was annoyed at. Nyx had probably stayed up late or maybe he hadn't slept a wink at all. Tycho was the kind of person who would care about how you was doing. AJ was pretty sure he had mentioned something about his mom being a Healer and that Tycho wanted to be the same as he grew up.

"Just promise you will sleep today, then everything is good. What has happened in the past is something you don't have the ability to change but what happened next is your choice. Rather you choose to go to old habits or create new ones whom can lead to a different path", stated AJ as he chose to join in on the conversation. Tycho was about to say something but he didn't but he did leave his mouth wide open. Nyx just shrugged and slightly nodded. AJ smiled at the gray eyed boy and Nyx grinned back.
AJ nodded at Tycho before he walked towards the door that leads outside from the castle. It was probably cold outside since winter was lurking behind the corner. Autumn had arrived early and he was sure that winter would end up doing the same.