Chapter 31 Raven River

The next day Meadow woke up early in the morning before anyone else in her dorm who she did talk to yesterday. She did have a conversation with Parvati and she was introduced to Lavender Brown which Meadow only had seen but never talked to since she usually was in a rush to meeting up with her brother and his friends, and of course Rio. This day Meadow got dressed and she decided to wear a black sweater with white stars, light grey jeans that were ripped on the left knee, white sneakers and to top the outfit off she wore the leather jacket that was given to her as a birthday present. Meadow wasn't sure what she was going to do this early in the morning but she decided to get up and leave her dormitory to head towards the Ravenclaw tower, hopefully managing to get in and then waking up AJ, who probably was still asleep.

As she rushes up the long stone stairs, curling upwards in a far spiral and she began to wonder how hard it must be for Tycho and AJ to drag Nyx upward these stairs or pushing him all the way because the stairs just got taller and taller, gaining a ridiculously amount of height which would be unbearable and pathetic for someone who was terrified of heights. What felt like forever was over and Meadow had finally reached the top of the stairs. It was a tall brown double door that didn't have a doorknob or keyhole but it did have a bronze knocker that had the shape of an eagle.
Meadow didn't have much thought so she knocked the knocker into the door and she got startled when it suddenly began to speak.

"What is so fragile saying its name will break it?", the eagle asked almost in a low creaky whisper and Meadow frowned. She wasn't the best at riddles but AJ sure was but that didn't help her much since he was on the other side. Sighing she tried to think, saying the sentence over and over again in her head and sometimes mumbling underneath her breath. It was quite silent around her, only some owls flying around and some wind swooshing hitting on the walls outside. Then it struck her, if you say something in silence then the silence will no longer exist, so if you said the name silence then the silence would longer be.

"The answer is silence because if you say silence then it wouldn't be silent", Meadow said proudly hoping she had gotten the right answer something she was certain she did. Nothing happened for a while but then the door clicked open and Meadow didn't waste a moment to hurry in the common room and the view struck her. The room was wide and circular nearly bigger than the Gryffindor common room. Arched windows hung on the walls with blue and bronze curtains, blue midnight carpets that was covered with stars was scattered all over the floor and instead of the squashy armchairs in her common room, it was tables, bookshelves and blue chairs huddled together making it look like as a small cosy home library.
The ceiling of the room was the most interesting thing because it was bewitched to look like the midnight sky and it was an exact replica of it. The spell on the roof was probably the same as in the one in the Great Hall.
Sighing Meadow wondered if she was going to find her twins dormitory or just wait here and she decided that the best was to wait. She didn't really want to wake up the others and she wasn't necessarily allowed to be here. She was sure that it was a school rule that you can't visit someone else's house but whatever she had already broken it.

After a couple of minutes Meadow tilted her head at a statue of a woman and underneath the statue it was written the name Rowena Ravenclaw, whom Meadow knew was the founder of Ravenclaw. She was quite certain that she heard someone walk hurriedly but she couldn't spot anyone at first but a second later a blonde headed boy with a very worried expression walked next to her and stood above her since Meadow sat comfortably on one of the blue chairs.

"What in the world are you doing here this early and how did you even answer the riddle because even Tycho and AJ struggles with them", Nyx told as a curious puppy and she snickered.

"Me? I'm just waiting for AJ because we are planning on spending the day together and no offence but we plan to spend it with just the two of us. Only if it's okay with you and Tycho of course", Meadow lied covering her voice to sound just like the truth.